• Members
Hey RR,last night I ran my GX-5 on those PV single 18 subs (kick drum only).Sounded kinda enemic.Think one of those EPs would actually do better on subs?

I have that exact setup on the rig one band I do sound for has. You have to let the limit lights blink to get any punch out of it. Also if you have a mixer with channel HPF's try engaging it on the kick and turning the "Low" on that channel up, maybe even all the way - mix with your ears not with your eyes ;) . That'll give you a peak about where the "punch" is without wasting all your power at frequencies those particular subs can't handle anyways :) .

• Members

Well,now that you mention it,No peak lights were lighting anywhere.And,it seems before that maybe (as you mentioned)they were blinking in this configuration,and the GX really had those little buggers thumping.I am still kinda surprised with these cheap single 18 subs.

• Members

Well,now that you mention it, No peak lights were lighting anywhere.And,it seems before that maybe (as you mentioned)they were blinking in this configuration,and the GX really had those little buggers thumping.I am still kinda surprised with these cheap single 18 subs.

That's as much power as I would use with them too.

• Members

When I run this set=up,its the GX-5 On the PV 118s,A GX-3 on either Yammies,or the plastic PV 15/horn (the Yammies soundbetter) on a GX-3,and two wedges on another GX-3 (two mixes).This little rig really doesn't sound bad,and is perfect for smaller venues.This was the first time the subs didn't really thump.

Archived