Gibson Brands Acquires Harmony Central!

Anderton

• Members
Oh, if you want this to not be a giant cluster, just switch to Xenforo.
The TalkBass forums recently changed to that after their research showed that this forum software just wasn't viable frown.gif . But hopefully the "fixes" here are close to being done smile.png . IMO the #1 fix needed is email notification of posts to subscribed threads. Without that nobody knows to come back so they don't :( .

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So can we rant now without being sent off to the "rant room" :p ?

Personally, I've never been a huge fan of the rant room... but OTOH, when people complain about things in the middle of threads, or post their suggestions, bug reports and concerns in a variety of forums and threads across the entire site, it's a lot easier for them to be missed or overlooked. Having one centralized place for them makes them easier to keep track of. Believe me, I'm just as interested in seeing the remaining bugs and annoyances worked out as anyone. :)

• Members

Excellent! I found out about this first from Mark L's facebook post about it, and I bubbled with barely containable excitement for a totally unreasonable amount of time. (I'm blaming that excitement for the folky pleasant 4/4 song I just wrote turning into pretty darned good punk once we started playing it.)

I'll be spreading the word and bringing people in. I want everyone I know to get as much out of HC and her community as I have.

• Members
Well with the "jumping cursor during text entry" fixed, there's clearly hope.

Most software companies have separate forums for problems and issues. I like that approach, because it means other forums can remain on-topic.

Oh man. I thought it was my machine. That issue drove me up the wall.

• Members

Iamthesky! Thank you for this. It is exactly what we hope folks will do. Yes, there are still some hiccups, but we will be correcting those issues. The ONLY way for Harmony Central to start to recover from some bad times, is for people to start to return and hang again. Why do I like HC over newer media (like Facebook, etc.)? When I come back, it is easy to pick up where the conversation left off, and even two years from now, the same will be true. I can see something on FB and run to get my wife to see it, and by the time I come back, I can't find it for the life of me! I think you guys will be pleased as the "old" team is back together again!

• Members

So why is this this a good thing, am I missing something? Not to be critical. I do not know much about the previous owner but I never have been a fan of the big guy buying out the small guys. Perhaps it does not apply here?

• Members
So why is this this a good thing, am I missing something? Not to be critical. I do not know much about the previous owner but I never have been a fan of the big guy buying out the small guys. Perhaps it does not apply here?

Reading some of the posts in this thread may give you some insight.

Archived