a love like that

Lane1777

• Members

sorry I got busy and didn`t get back to this...just a simple 2min song

and a lot of fun with this, its me singing so please forgive that..its almost finished but always looking for input, and willing to change stuff, nothing is set in stone. I added a slide-show to support the song, its not much.

a love like that

verse:1

history has its famous lovers

every girl had her knight in armor.

a Cinderella, or a Cleopatra

finding love forever after...

chorus:

Don`t you want a love like that

a storybook ending, going down in history.

a matter-of-fact

don`t you want a love like that.

verse: 2

Mary ann, loves Jimmy ray

carved a heart in that old oak tree.

They ran off to be together

still hand in hand Fifty years later

chorus:

You and Me baby", running wild.. being free,

a matter-of-fact

bridge:

Every love is a different story

hearts can wait, or love forever...

verse 3

little Bobby, and the neighbor Jenni

they were so in love, and then she moved away.

whats the chance they`d` never marry

and find each other in store one day.

chorus:

a storybook ending, a Romeo chasing Juliet

a matter-of-fact

a matter-of-fact

© Copyright 2015 Vincent

• Members

I love the vibe of the recording, and the Flying Burritos kind of feel you've got going. It's really enjoyable!

I would do some work on the verses, lyrically, though. They don't all stand out and/or make sense.

I'd also find the best version of the chorus and stick with it rather than doing a new chorus every time. Personally? I would use the third chorus (the Romeo and Juliet one, even though they both died at the end of the play!).

Very nice start, though! Very enjoyable.

• Members

tbry, that's so me..50`s-60`s..I was watching a movie with a friend, and she said...hey don`t you want a love like that love?...lol I pulled out a crayon and worked around that.

LCK ...me too! I really do like the lightness. I put it on the intercom" here and everyone over 25 was dance`n in the hallways...lol

I had a friend say something about that romeo+ julliet thing. I changed that one word in it [romeo chasing julliet ] to A ROMEO..don`t know if that helped. I have another one of these songs right behind this, 2:16mins if you want to join in I`ll post it here and we all can work on it. I have the music track and I`ll share it with anyone . I can send you the file so you all have it...so lck...tbry...I`ll put it on so you can hear, jump in if you want.

• Members

I really like this a lot, great vibe. Verses are great. Chorus could be a little stronger - "a matter of fact" doesn't really mean anything, it's like you just grabbed something that rhymed. In general I don't like choruses where the words change but I think you make it work, except the last one (Romeo and Juliet were *not* a storybook ending, as has been pointed out). Good stuff.

• Members

hi mb, I was thinking of a Cinderella, or a Cleopatra, its a fact there is going to be a Prince or Anthony . matter of fact that's insanity behind that statement. so if its you and me baby" a matter of fact. I scare me sometimes...:bangheadonwall: storybook ending in the last chorus you know I`ll go to bed with the thought of changing that, you can bet I`ll come up with something. thanks so much for taking the time to comment and give this a listen.

• Members

Such an easy listen, Lane1777, that's what I like most about it.

I agree with LCK about staying with one form of the chorus (the one he mentioned, no less) since neither the chorus nor the song overall is developing a story. The Romeo-Juliet one is the best written chorus lyric of the three.

The verses are actually fine in their simplicity in my opinion, though they could use a little bit of tweaking. I think the "fifty years later" line could be changed to fit the verse better.

I think the bridge could do with a slightly different melody on the first line.

Archived