hi all

Lane1777

• Members

hi all just hanging out looking for a few people to share with, I`m writing these little songs and really need some feedback or a collab" this the right place? or do I go to a different board.

I have most the music tracks and some of its country, I don`t think traditional. you`ll have to judge it. I tried to write something a little folksie, country, r+b and and little pop" I`m just having fun with this music stuff so don`t get to hard on me if you give it a listen. thought I`d post this note first before anything else.. have a great day everyone! Lane

• Members
hi all just hanging out looking for a few people to share with' date=' I`m writing these little songs and really need some feedback or a collab" this the right place? [/quote']

Yeah, it's the right board.

I'm sure we'd all like to hear a song you're currently working on. That way we can give you some feedback on what you're doing, kudos and suggestions, etc.

• Members

thank you guys for the welcome, its nice to meet you too... I`ll stick something on so you can hear ..not really trying to do much with the songs just having fun and I like to write. I`m doing these little 2min songs right now so they will not bore you. I have one about finished. and another right behind it that needs a ton of work. have the music track, but the lyric is a mess. so if anyone runs out of something to do I`ll share with you..thanks again. I`ll go post something. Lane

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Welcome, Lane!

Where I come from, if you wrote it, it's not traditional, it's original. "Poor Wayfaring Stranger" and "Kumbaya" are traditional. Traditional used to be called folk, but now folk means original done in a traditional style. So when Dave Van Ronk and Odetta were alive and in their primes they were called folk singers, but people playing the same stuff today are called trad.

And remember, Moby Grape never went much longer than two minutes. if it works for the song, it works for the song.

Looking forward to whatever you have to share!

• Members
Welcome, Lane!

Where I come from, if you wrote it, it's not traditional, it's original. "Poor Wayfaring Stranger" and "Kumbaya" are traditional. Traditional used to be called folk, but now folk means original done in a traditional style. So when Dave Van Ronk and Odetta were alive and in their primes they were called folk singers, but people playing the same stuff today are called trad.

And remember, Moby Grape never went much longer than two minutes. if it works for the song, it works for the song.

Looking forward to whatever you have to share!

Gave you a like just for the "Moby Grape" reference. One of the best bands of the era and they could work more magic in 2:20 than most bands could in 4:50

• Members

Hi Lane. This forum, and the people that are here, are the best. Talented, and good teachers just by their comments. Just dive right in, comment on others songs or join into discussions (so you can be a good teacher - regardless of where you are in the songwriting scheme of things you have insights to offer), and post your own songs needing feedback (just one at a time).

Best,

Rick

Archived