Coloring Easter Eggs

Idunno

• Members

I was told that I killed the Easter bunny for our kids because I didn't hide the Easter baskets and let the kids search for them. I knew that they would tear into the candy before they'd even had any breakfast.

As for dying the eggs, my wife did that duty with our 8 and 11 year old sons yesterday. For me Easter is a holiday that shouldn't be commercialized.

• Members

I agree on the commercialization of the holiday, though I see it with a more secular eye - fond family memories. I had no idea you killed the bunny, though. Was it premeditated or impromptu?

Today I had company over for dinner. He was my chef when I had the restaurant. He had his 5-y/o son (Liam) with him. During dinner I asked my son (16) how the roasted easter bunny tasted. He caught on instantly saying it could use a little more horse radish sauce. Liam bolted upright with a look of horror searching the table for this roasted easter bunny. He got over the joke quickly but it was funny for that instant.

• Members
. . . During dinner I asked my son (16) how the roasted easter bunny tasted. He caught on instantly saying it could use a little more horse radish sauce. Liam bolted upright with a look of horror searching the table for this roasted easter bunny. He got over the joke quickly but it was funny for that instant.

That's awful and cruel but it reminds me of a story from years ago: My sister-in-law came up for a week or so and her mother-in-law gave her some Easter goodies to take home to her husband, our brother-in-law, who was in his 30's. One of the items was a chocolate Easter bunny that was "just for him." We talked about it and I went out and bought a big solid chocolate bunny and cut its head off with a hacksaw. I put the head back in the box and taped it shut (I had opened the bottom of the box), and we ate the rest. She took it back home at the end of her visit and told him "I want you to know I didn't eat the ears off your Easter bunny." He opened it and the head fell out, head and ears but no body. I wish I could have seen his reaction.

Archived