Energize your guitar

• Members

Hi think I was about 12 when I had this seemingly really good idea at the time, which was "how to get more SPL out of my modified tube car radio (running off-a battery) salvaged junkyard audiopile". The "good idea" was series wiring 117v AC between the two speakers I had at the time. Everything worked perfectly right up to the point of when I plugged in the AC plug into the extension cord... then the lights went out (when my head hit the concrete floor).

• CMS Author

Hi think I was about 12 when I had this seemingly really good idea at the time, which was "how to get more SPL out of my modified tube car radio (running off-a battery) salvaged junkyard audiopile". The "good idea" was series wiring 117v AC between the two speakers I had at the time. Everything worked perfectly right up to the point of when I plugged in the AC plug into the extension cord... then the lights went out (when my head hit the concrete floor).

I had a few moments of inspiration like this too. I like to look back and think of them as roadsigns pointing me toward a career I could handle. "Guidance by pain avoidance", if you will....

Archived