My first video for warm ups: The Ex. Pad Session ;)

• Members

Hey guys! How are you doing?

I wanted to check with you what do you think of these videos I'm doing. The idea is to have a digital list of exercises to pick from so that you can create your own daily routine. And it would be visual too because these are going to be short videos explaining the exercise. Plus you can download the transcript. I uploaded four for now. Just to see how it goes, you know... but my goal is to have like a bunch of them.

Here's one. I called it Triplets Accents Change. I saw it in many books and many teachers gave it to me too, as an exercise.

The concept is to play each triplet with one hand, changing hands each bar. Plus you'll be accenting each 1/8 note of the triplet every 4 bars. Maybe it's easier to see it that to write it down ;)

Check it out and tell me guys what you think of it

Cheers

Frankie

• Members

I'm aware that there are marketing issues with this kind of thing. Still, it's a little brisk for a warm up. Also drummers who can do Moeller triplets probably wouldn't care to see them demonstrated - especially under another pretense and frankly Moeller is a bit advanced for people who need instruction in warming up.

The narrative is too quick as well. I can follow what you're saying because I know what you're talking about. Beginners might be confused and the more advanced would be like, "yeah, whatever..."

• Members

I guess you're right. The point of the video is to explain things to beginners without giving them too much info in their head; and for advance ones who just need ideas to create a daily routine for themselves.

But I can see what you're saying. I guess mentioning the Moeller was my bad. I shouldn't have done that.

• Members

Moeller just needs a thorough introduction so people understand the compound nature of the strokes. As far as warming up, maybe the standard single, double, triple stroke routines taken real slow and deliberately might be a good introduction. This could progress into drills like your triplet thing at a slower tempo with less emphatic accents. I mention the accents because as I watched and yes I watched the second "man vs metronome" part as well, I couldn't help but think the arm motion was a little forced and perhaps too strenuous for someone trying to limber up..

• Members

This wasn't a Moeller lesson. I just mentioned it casually. Who got it, got it. Who didn't is gonna have to wait for a video on it ;)

You said I was a little forced? Hmmm, I thought I had a pretty good movement. Not the best, but... I gotta work on that I guess... My point anyway is not to show off my technical abilities, which are very low, but to have this exercises available. Maybe someone never heard of some of the exercises I'm gonna post.

Thanks for the criticism man. Definitely noted ;)

• Members

By all means. Your gig.

What I mean about the accents is the arms jerk up and down at the speed of one triplet. I know that's all the time there is for the stroke but if you articulate more fluidly there will be less wear and tear on the upper ligaments and joints.

Archived