Epiphone Entourage!

Temple of Light

• Members
Radman, those switches are just a more intuitive pickup selector. I can have all three on at once, do a Tele style neck/bridge combo, and the obvious Strat combinations.

This makes so much more sense to me as opposed to the traditional strat setup. Don't know why Leo didn't do this in the 1st place. I'm assuming the tone pot controls all the pickups too?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Radman, that guitar is entirely stock. It came out shortly after Gibson was under new ownership and the higher ups had no idea what to really do with Epiphone quite yet.

Thatsbunk, there is no tone pot control. The push/pull pot is pretty much a dummy.

• Members

I bought my first Epiphone, a cherry Dot, at Guitar Center last November. It is a fantastic guitar in every way. It's beautiful, plays great and sounds wonderful. I am so tempted to by another, even though I have zero need. It's just hard to buy another when they're so inexpensive.

I've also been toying with the idea of getting an Epiphone Firebird. I could get a used Firebird Studio cheap, and then paint it sonic blue.

Then again, the worn cherry finish looks pretty good:

WC_Splash.jpg

• Members
I bought Thunderbird IV about 6 months ago or so and I love it so far. I am still fairly new to bass guitars, however I love the raw sound!

Back when I played bass, I did a neck repair on a circa '63 Thunderbird and gigged with it regularly. Stable as a rock and sounded good, but the neck dive got to be too much. I'd try to sell it, but I don't know who'd want it with the obvious repair.

As to the OP, my last guitar was a pawn shop Epi SG Special that I fell in love with. It played and sounded so good, I put a '61 pick guard on it and fitted it with a GK-3 pickup for the Roland synth. It's a real workhorse. :)

Archived