Mic for kick and bass guitar.

• Members

Just wondering what would be a good mic for kick that would also work well for micing a bass cabinet. We just got a new drummer who doesn't own any mics. I have a cheap kick mic that I bought at a garage sale for $15.00 (Eqaution audio}. It sounds alright but our old drummers Audix D 6 sounded much better. I would like one that also works well for micing a bass guitar cabinet in case I ever wanted to do it.

• Members

The D6 has a "color" made for the "Gladd" kick sound - I'd rather have something flatter for a bass cab like the D112. That mic can sound great on kick too if you have the right kind of EQ, definitely needs a decent HPF someplace in the chain, damned thing goes down to 20 or some such and will eat your sub power and/or subs right up :freak: .

• Members

Thanks for all the responses guys. I wound up getting a D6. I bought it because 2 of the last 4 drummers I have played with used one and we always got a good sound. Also it was what my local music store had in stock. I was able to get one for $175.00. The ATM25 looks like it would have been a great choice but I would have had to order it and I have 2 gigs this week that I needed a mic for.

Archived