Tell me about Yorkville YX15s...

• Members

It depends on what Peavey speakers you are talking about. The YX15's are better than some and not as good as others.

I would personally say the YX15's are near the top of the bargain basement. They are surprisingly okay for their price but they are a budget speaker, so don't expect miracles.

• Members

I owned the powered YX15Ps for 5 years and have no complaints about their performance/price ratio. Well built, well backed and good sounding overall, but likely no more performance than what you are currently using. They are Yorkville's entry level (budget) line after all...

Al

• Members

I use YX12's and YX15's for monitors. Never have any complaints, always lots of compliments. I'm just not a fan of plastic speakers, these are good and solid.

They aren't Meyer, but then they aren't Phonic either.

I power either with 300W per speaker...

Here's a pair of YX15's in action as FOH. Not pushed real hard, I doubt I was into the yellows on my board and no where near the limiters on an IPR1600 to power them. The bass player had an amp as well. I ran a line from its DI, sm57 on kick (wasn't expecting a drum kit)..

• Members

I've been pretty happy with my YX15s, used for a mostly acoustic band in local venues. At moderate volume they sound very nice powered by a Yorkville M810 powered mixer, and they're very solid and not too heavy. No complaints at all for my particular application, and given my budget at the time I bought them.

Louis

Archived