Don't give up your horn yet.

• Members

My cousin was bragging a little on their Granddaughter who plays trumpet. Thought you might want to hear her. (Very worthwhile.) She was on From The Top radio show on NPR episode 202. Easy to find. Simple song, but not the way She plays it. She's been asked to play with orchestras on several continents and this was recorded 5 years ago. I'm waiting for her to get into college in a few years. (Yes, She's that young. Musical family. Mom is violinist for the Seattle Symphony and Dad a band director/trumpet player/ teacher.) I don't think I can call my self a trumpeter anymore. Compared to her, I only play at the instrument. Enjoy Her name is Natalie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Here's a link:

http://www.fromthetop.org/show/salt-lake-city-ut-202/

Wow. That was truly impressive for a trumpeter of any age, much less that she's ten at the time of this recording.

I've still got many band instruments around and haven't touched any of them in at least a decade. I was once rather good at the trombone which I still have and basoon/oboe which I wish I still had. I hear bassoonists are like bass players that sing, of which I am one, in that they are pretty rare and a good find. I may have to brush up on my reed making skills. Oh and practice a whole lot!

Archived