MIDI Setup Help - Keyboard, FCB1010, Quad Capture

• Members

Wasn't sure if here or in the keyboard forum was the more appropriate place to post this, so my apologies if this should be elsewhere.

So I've picked up a Behringer FCB1010 that I found for a good price used, and I'm looking to integrate it into my existing recording setup. I'm currently running an old Kawai digital piano into a Roland Quad Capture, into a Mac Mini running Logic Pro X.

The keyboard has MIDI In, Out, and Thru ports, and connecting the Out on the keyboard to the In on the interface has Logic pick it up instantly and work without tweaking anything.

I'm unsure how to add this third piece of gear in, as I've never really used MIDI gear before. I'd like to be able to use them both simultaneously. I'm sure it's pretty basic stuff, but some Googling hasn't turned up anything yet.

Any advice or a link to a setup guide would be much appreciated. Thanks!

If you want to use the Behringer and the keyboard simultaneously with the interface at the same time, you'll need a MIDI merge box, such as the MIDI Solutions 2-input MIDI Merger. Alternatively, you can get a separate MIDI interface and plug the MIDI out of the Behringer into that.

Archived