18" Sensurround subs...

• Members

Local CL ad:

"2 18" Folded Subwoofers (Sensurround)

Excellent condition Universal Studios "Sensurround" Sub Woofers. These cabinets were used in theaters for movies such as Earthquake. There are good working speakers in each. Both cabinets are 4'x4'x20" and are on casters. Each holds one working speaker. They are loaded with JBL 18" speakers. They must be sold as a pair! Family owned, these these cabinets have been well serviced and cared for. Other equipment available.

$800 or best offer for both

Serious inquires only! Only cash accepted!

• Members

I had a pair of them in the ealy eighties.Even when I was that young they were backbreaking subs.Powered them with a Traynor stereo amp.I believe we bridged it,but can;t say for certain.You gotta figure them to be pretty much obsolete by now I would think.

• Members

Long folded horn, not bandpass, big and heavy, loud, moderately musical, some originally powered by BGW and then Cerwin Vega A-1800i's. I do not recall any of these having JBL drivers. I used to service some of these for CV when I was a factory subcontractor.

They need a steep 35Hz BW HPF. Since they were for pre-recorded tracks, the processing was already on the track.

Archived