Global Truss crank up stands or others?

• Members

Billsec posted a photo recently of his set up using GT crank up stands (model 132 or something like that). Specs state they can hold 220lbs and reach 13'2". I've seen them on Ebay under $500/pr with free ship, any other makers of such devices in the same price range? Any other users of the GT's with opinions good or bad?

• Members

I'm guessing mine are similar. They are branded by Axe Music, but I think they just labelled them...

Found them...

http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=13&P_ID=9337&PT_ID=212

Players Choice DLC001 Light Stand 13' 180lbs capacity, steel construction, with tilter leg feature for leveling. - DLC001

And the tops

http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=19&P_ID=9339&PT_ID=212

About $560 for the pair with truss holders.....

Crank stands, square tube legs, beefy as hell. Probably weigh a good 60lbs, so easy to use!!!

3f53ded8.jpg

• Members

I use Global GT132 stands all the time. I own 10 of them. Excellent stand.

Yes they will go to 13+ feet, but watch the wind speed if outdoors.

Pros for me: very stable platform. work well for speakers or lighting. rugged-travel well. chrome on them is well done. (no rust spots after being drenched in the rain)

Cons for me: these puppies are heavy. when deploying or folding up they WILL bite your fingers if not handled carefully. did I say they are heavy?

A good piece of equipment. Deployed correctly anything on them will stay on them.

I recommend

• Members

You will have to move up to the next stand to fly those cabinets safely. Your two speaker cabinets are the max load on the stand and you haven't included the T-bars, and flying hardware yet. You also doen't allow for any margin of error (I am sure they are derated for safety but....) and I hate to fly anything when you are at the exact capacity of the stand. Any unexpected force could be what broke he camel's back. I love my 132's but everything has a limit.

I would be more inclined to put up a pair per side with a 2 meter truss spanning them, and then use a chain hoist to raise your cabs. That how I would fly my qrx cabinets. Seems much safer to me.

• Members

You will have to move up to the next stand to fly those cabinets safely. Your two speaker cabinets are the max load on the stand and you haven't included the T-bars, and flying hardware yet. You also doen't allow for any margin of error (I am sure they are derated for safety but....) and I hate to fly anything when you are at the exact capacity of the stand. Any unexpected force could be what broke he camel's back. I love my 132's but everything has a limit.

I would be more inclined to put up a pair per side with a 2 meter truss spanning them, and then use a chain hoist to raise your cabs. That how I would fly my qrx cabinets. Seems much safer to me.

Good idea--------not only safe but would look pretty cool too.

Archived