The Boss Mic Muted

• Members

Haha, saw the news Mr. $1000/ticket-Bruce microphone got muted in a concert he was doing with Paul Mccartney, I guess he went over bed time curfew in England so they muted his mic, was on the news. I liked it (in case you don't know I'm NOT a Bruce fan)

• Moderators

Yup - this will be one of the great moments in dumb-ass decisions.

Now the whole world is wondering what idiot minion pulled the plug on two of the most important musical artists of the 20th century.

Rules are rules, but this certainly isn't going to build any good will towards the folks in the production industry...

MG

• Members

Read about this yesterday. Details are readily available via regular news sites.

The way it played out was the volume curfew in that neighborhood was 10:15. It was somewhere near that time when Springsteen brought out special guest McCartney, and they commenced to playing a couple extended-version Beatles songs.

Around 10:40, as the band had apparently started their last song (according to Little Steven's Tweets, they were aiming to wrap by 11:00 PM), the juice got cut...

Now on the one hand you have mega-star Springsteen, and much beloved son of England, Sir Paul. Who in their right mind would cut the show short?

Well, for that, you have to look at the other hand: the park they were performing in is in a relatively upscale/wealthy neighborhood, so there's a good amount of power/movers & shakers there as well...apparently there have been a lot of complaints about the late night noise generated by these concerts, to the point that they cut the attendance levels by 20% or so (80k to 65k), and reduced the number of concerts held each year by a fair amount.

The people who own and live in that neighborhood don't likely give much care towards 'the folks in the production industry', I'd guess. From what I read, nobody is pointing fingers at the people who actually make the show happen on-site; they're being pointed higher up the chain to the people responsible for the decision...

In other words, higher up at Hard Rock Calling/Live Nation, most likely.

I suspect somebody in upper management may be experiencing a really bad Monday today, but not likely anybody who actually works for a living...

• Members

I had a fire marshall want to do the same thing when I was running a big free outdoor show in the downtown LA area. I convinced him that allowing the show to run over by 3 minutes would likely hold off a riot since there were about 50,000 people in the streets.

Some people just get off being petty tyrants.

• Members

Whoever was the the show's manager should have been responsible for either making sure the show ran to schedule or proper waivers were obtained in the event it ran over. They new waht the rules were but chose to ignore them. Yes, even the Boss and Sir Paul have to observe the rules.

• Members
Haha, saw the news Mr. $1000/ticket-Bruce microphone got muted in a concert he was doing with Paul Mccartney, I guess he went over bed time curfew in England so they muted his mic, was on the news. I liked it (in case you don't know I'm NOT a Bruce fan)

Keep the show going and pay the fine. :) Surely they can afford that!

Archived