More comments on the Honda EU 2000 generator -

• Members

I saw another workman today (at Mcdonalds) using a Honda EU 2000 generator to run some tools for something he was doing - so I stopped and asked him how he like the generator - and he said "great"! It was then that I realized that the generator was running - RIGHT THEN. Sorry for this but - OMG - it is SO QUIET. I was standing there in the parkng lot talking to the guy - and didn't even realize the thing was running. Pretty nice piece of equipment. 13.3 AMPS "computer friendly" power. $ 1000

• Members

I recently did sound on a parade float (there's a "first")powered by a Honda EU generator. I think it was a 6000. I was impressed by how quiet it was. I wasn't really pushing it very hard - only about 700 Watts RMS into a couple of JBL M Pro 412's for a hip hop act. Now that I know what a great generator they have next time I will bring one of my XLF's.

• Members

Looks like I might see about picking up a 3000. 23A should be plenty for most gigs.

FWIW, I think that I have convinced myself that for about the same money, I'd rather buy two EU2000i units and a parallel kit than one EU3000i or EU3000is. Two EU2000i units will give me more capacity for dynamic loads (live sound), and the likelihood of both gennies failing at once seems a lot lower, too. (Murphy's Law, etc.) Extended run fuel kits are available if the smaller tank capacity is a concern or issue for you. Less weight for any given lift, too. Mark C.

• Members

FWIW, I think that I have convinced myself that for about the same money, I'd rather buy two EU2000i units and a parallel kit than one EU3000i or EU3000is. Two EU2000i units will give me more capacity for dynamic loads (live sound), and the likelihood of both gennies failing at once seems a lot lower, too. (Murphy's Law, etc.) Extended run fuel kits are available if the smaller tank capacity is a concern or issue for you. Less weight for any given lift, too. Mark C.

Never thought about that, but that does sound more logical....

• Members

At our Mobilization Prep Site recently, I set up a USO show for our unit (movie, music, hot dogs, popcorn,...). Their vehicle pulls up with a trailer. In the trailer, they pull out a Honda generator. Quiet enough not to notice, even during the movie.

Archived