Auralex LENRD bass traps, thoughts?

What room (dimensions?), how many, placed where, and what are you expecting from them?

They're better in the low mids / upper bass than 2" foam is (which is generally pretty ineffective below about 500Hz or so), but they're not going to make all your LF issues go away if you have eight of them split between two corners of the typical small room.

You're generally better off with some Auralex Mineral Wool, and making wood framed, permeable fabric (burlap) covered 4-8" thick broadband traps and putting them up in the appropriate places in your room, such as diagonally in the corners and at the first reflection points on the side walls and ceiling, and possibly on your rear wall, although diffusion can be an option there if the room is large enough. If you put the LENRDs behind those corner traps, or used them in addition to the mineral wool traps, it would be even better. In most small rooms, you can use all the LF absorption you can get... The trick is to not over-absorb the mids and highs and wind up with an unbalanced sounding room.

• Members

I put enough of these {4 high in each vertical corner and 2 across on each horizontal corner between ceiling and wall, like 16?} and it gave me the sound I'm looking for. Then again, I have a lot of other treatment in my room that helps. End result ? World class sound comes out of my 30.5'Lx12.5'Wx8.5'H room now. Recommended if you can afford enough to treat your room, but there are multiple ways of doing the same thing at much less cost, but more time and labor.They are CONVENIENT, and is why I bit it for 16. BTW, I have a double bass kit that can sound

like any combination or example of pretty much any drummer you can name that isn't using a completely wack set up.Like Bozio and other that are into 20 pieces plus...

Archived