Title: Eactly

Idunno

• Members

What title do you enjoy playing the most? Doesn't matter the genre. I've been known to embrace them all in a paradoxical combo platter of compliment and otherwise, mood depending. Cover or your own work?

Lately I've been leaning on some original melodies priming my creative bent. I don't really know what I just wrote means at the moment. It's a postmortem revelation, usually, when the spirit has departed and left me with something. It may be a complete something or only a bit of it. But, I'm on the edge of creativity like a paramotor on the brink of kicking gravity's ass. Not quite a title, like I started this thread with, but reaching for one for sure.

In other words, what piece of music, or musical thing keeps you playing that damned thing?

• Members
What title do you enjoy playing the most? Doesn't matter the genre. I've been known to embrace them all in a paradoxical combo platter of compliment and otherwise, mood depending. Cover or your own work?

Lately I've been leaning on some original melodies priming my creative bent. I don't really know what I just wrote means at the moment. It's a postmortem revelation, usually, when the spirit has departed and left me with something. It may be a complete something or only a bit of it. But, I'm on the edge of creativity like a paramotor on the brink of kicking gravity's ass. Not quite a title, like I started this thread with, but reaching for one for sure.

In other words, what piece of music, or musical thing keeps you playing that damned thing?

I enjoy hearing the multiphonic complexity when I utilize a plectrum constructed of polycarbonate to excite a set of steel wires wrapped in bronze wire, suspended under a precisely calculated amount of tension across a complex array of tonally tuned wooden structures. However my physical dexterity does not rise to the occasion, preventing me from bringing all these parameters into proper harmony and alignment with the ripples and eddys of the ether.

In other words, I like to play the fucking guitar, but I'm not any good at it.

Good God! :philpalm:

• Members

I am always noodling, trying to come up with new melodies and chord changes, which I am pretty good at. I haven't written a lyric in a very, very, long time, though.

As for other people's stuff:

Little Wing--Hendrix:

Entangled--Genesis:

Hairless Heart--Genesis:

Angie--Stones:

Lady Jane--Stones:

Blackbird--Beatles;

While My Guitar Gently Weeps--Beatles:

Wish You Were Here--Pink Floyd.

Rain Song--Zed Lep:

Scarborough Fair--S&G.

Here Comes The Sun--Beatles. Usually played together with Scarborough Fair, due to capoing at 7th fret.

• Members
Same old Leo Kottke stuff I've been struggling with for years

I like Leo's stuff a lot. Very guitar-wordy. But, oddly enough, I think because I run a parallel with my own stuff I never even think of him as someone to cover.

• Members
I am always noodling, trying to come up with new melodies and chord changes, which I am pretty good at. I haven't written a lyric in a very, very, long time, though.

As for other people's stuff:

Little Wing--Hendrix:

Entangled--Genesis:

Hairless Heart--Genesis:

Angie--Stones:

Lady Jane--Stones:

Blackbird--Beatles;

While My Guitar Gently Weeps--Beatles:

Wish You Were Here--Pink Floyd.

Rain Song--Zed Lep:

Scarborough Fair--S&G.

Here Comes The Sun--Beatles. Usually played together with Scarborough Fair, due to capoing at 7th fret.

All great songs. Of them I only play/sing Here Comes The Sun, and play an instrumental of While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

• Members

Roasted atheist. Not on any menu I've ever seen but you never know.

A couple days ago I met the husband of a new bookkeeper where I work. The fellow was immense. He was easily 350 pounds and, as we would have him be, exceptionally jovial. Anyway, he's a funeral director at a mortuary. All I could think of was instead of burying people he was eating them. I made a wise-crack about that after he and his wife left for the day and the place fell out. Great, I know that will come back to me in inglorious fashion.

• Members
. . . . The fellow was immense. He was easily 350 pounds and, as we would have him be, exceptionally jovial. Anyway, he's a funeral director at a mortuary. All I could think of was instead of burying people he was eating them. I made a wise-crack about that after he and his wife left for the day and the place fell out. Great, I know that will come back to me in inglorious fashion.

Probably LOL.

And me a measly 145 lbs!

• Members

Glenn, it doesn't pay. We don't get any holidays and there's no catchy ceremonial tunes we can rejoice with on the day we vote in the birthday of such a belief.

Best to believe as you will and watch the rest of the world struggle with it's slowly and insidiously dismissed antiquities. There's help for them, though. In these United States, two of them have passed legislation to teach the bible to elementary school kids. I thought church and state were not supposed to fraternize with each other but it would seem that isn't the case. Will this mean an acoustic resurgence via worship tunage? Being a tune whore, I'll take what I can get. Besides, forced labor comes without virtue so it'll probably only serve to accelerate its demise.

Archived