Sign in to follow this  
Ratae Corieltauvorum

Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Post all hot deals here, but no SPAM. SPAM is for the Classifieds. This is for insane blow out deals that you find online and want to share with your fellow GASsers.

If you see a blowout on Music123 on Les Pauls for $99, yes, this is where you post that info, etc.

You can post eBay links you see too, but the eBay links have to be Buy It Nows, not something that is at $1 and still has 10 days left in the auction.

The RULES:

1) NO CRAIGSLIST POSTS IN THIS THREAD!

2) NO WHINING ABOUT DISCUSSIONS IN THE THREAD!

Last month we tried a separate discussion thread, but it's just too cumbersome to have a separate thread, so there won't be one anymore.

From my observations, the majority of people like to talk about the deals in order to decide if they want to buy something. There's typically just a few loud members constantly complaining about the discussions. As long as the discussions are related to the item in question, then the discussion can stay in this thread. If someone starts whining and causes a big flame war about "too much talking" they are going to get a temp ban. Everybody participating in any flame war in this thread will get a temp ban. Just behave yourselves! There is more to life than this internet thready thing.

3) All new deals must be posted in RED! Or at least the TITLE OF THE DEAL.

That will help people be able to filter though the pages of discussion and the actual deal posts will pop right out.

4) Your personal SPAM is not allowed in this thread. If you post SPAM in here, you will get a temp ban. Then no one will be able to buy your crappy gear.

I repeat - NO SPAM in this thread. That means NO TRADES, NO OFFERS, no selling or getting rid of your own stuff. There's one SPAM thread already for that stuff.

And as, alway: there is no whining, bitching, complaining or tantrums allowed in this thread. This thread is only for discussing the hot deals. If you missed a hot deal or you hate Musicians Friend, post about it in an outside thread.

If you buy something in the hot deals thread, and you love it, or hate it, or it bit you in the ass, then post a separate thread about it, this thread ain't for heated discussion.

Bring em if ya got em!

Jan great deals thread? Maybe this should be the 2015 deals thread. or at least 2015 first quarter. Hopefully there will be more deals and if there are we'll rememver to post them here.

Happy new year.

Pretty sad huh. I remember when there were so many deals you'd see a new page every week. Now it's basically the November deals thread merged with December and January and it is still only 1 page long.

• Like 1

Pretty sad huh. I remember when there were so many deals you'd see a new page every week. Now it's basically the November deals thread merged with December and January and it is still only 1 page long.

Yea well we know who is to blame. BH99

[h=1]Sgj In Chocolate For $399 At Gc[/h]

After the $100 off 499 discount coupon

Pretty good deal I think. Was it ever lower on these. I heard of someone getting one for $350 but don't know if was a real deal. Still a good deal.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-SGJ-Electric-Guitar-108575481-i2800971.gc

I am sooo tempted but don't need it in the least. Not a good enough deal to flip I think either. Not for a few years anyway.

The coupon fails online. You will need to talk to a rep but it should work.

[h=2]MF SDOTD Moog Minifooger Analog Delay Guitar Effects Pedal $149 Today Only. Any Thoughts?[/h]

[h=1]Sgj In Chocolate For $399 At Gc[/h]

Pretty good deal I think. Was it ever lower on these. I heard of someone getting one for $350 but don't know if was a real deal. Still a good deal.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-SGJ-Electric-Guitar-108575481-i2800971.gc

I am sooo tempted but don't need it in the least. Not a good enough deal to flip I think either. Not for a few years anyway.

That would be a great deal if you can get them to honor the promotion on Gibson - you will have to call, there is a list of products that this promotion is for, and Gibson is not on the list - worth a shot if you want the guitar - better to try price match- MF or M123 and avoid tax

Sgj In Chocolate For $399 At Gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-S...81-i2800971.gc

I grabbed a Rubbed White 2013 SGJ in late 2013 on Thanksgiving (Thanksgiving Day) by phone to MF customer service (NOT sales, they never gave me a deal worth mentioning) for $350 shipped & no tax.

I haven't seen another deal remotely even close to that until you posted this deal for $399. I'd almost try to get in on this deal if it were a 2014 with the anniversary inlay at the 12th.

But, I'm in the camp of those questioning whether GC will actually let you use that coupon on a Gibson.

On the other hand, SamAsh has some almost okay Gibson deals right now: http://www.samash.com/s/term/gibson+sale

Edited by eeddings

I have had very good luck with coupons that had exclusions,although many times I was told "this coupon doesn't apply, but I'm authorized to give you that price another way because you are such a good customer, blah blah..." (which I'm not a very good customer to GC, to me they're a showroom to decide if I want to order from MF).

I think it has to do with agreements with Gibsons and others: they are not allowed to advertise a lower price, that doesn't mean they can't sell it to you outside of the advertised price.

By the way I really like the look of the chocolate. I'm just not buying another humbucking guitar until I have a single coil (I guess my Epi Nighthawk has coil tap, so maybe it qualifies? nah)

229 For the 1960 Bugera Head is sweet( Marshall Plexi Clone ) I wonder if they will ship...looks like they are closing them out.

Edited by MorganB

229 For the 1960 Bugera Head is sweet( Marshall Plexi Clone ) I wonder if they will ship...looks like they are closing them out.

It is sweet (don't need another amp!!!!) - looks like maybe NOS or possible restock - all the newer Bugera stuff seems to be infinium. If in the market I would say it is definitely worth a shot.

It is sweet (don't need another amp!!!!) - looks like maybe NOS or possible restock - all the newer Bugera stuff seems to be infinium. If in the market I would say it is definitely worth a shot.

It's the older version before they added the Infinium, PPIMV, and Randy Rhoads cascade mod. It's basically a straight-up Marshall 1959 circuit.

Musicians friend has the ES339 Pro for $299 (black only). A great price for a great guitar. P90s.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/epiphone-es-339-p90-pro-semi-hollowbody-electric-guitar?rNtt=es339%20pro&index=1

They've gone back up to $399, but the Natural and Vintage Sunburst are on sale for $329 with free shipping, which is still a great deal for those guitars.

Akai Professional E2 Headrush Delay/Looper Pedal $89!!!

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/E2headrush/

or $69.00 from this ebay store, also new in box:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Akai-E2-Headrush-Delay-Echo-Looper-Guitar-Effect-Pedal-/221698839199?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339e47d29f

You wonder if they're getting to replacement or phasing it out.

$69 is quite a deal. Mostly good reviews but there are some who experienced issues with loops dropping out. I'm going to gamble on one. The multiple tape head outputs is a killer feature.

I bought a Head Rush a few years ago. It is really cool delay pedal to mess with and definitely worth the price in either of those deals. You can hook it up to like 5 different amps.

[video=youtube_share;yIe2I-ZwQDI]

Edited by drivelikejoewho

The deals are so few and far between, I hope I don't get in trouble for posting this...

Black Label Society: Unblackened Blu-Ray $3.99 @ Amazon

LINK

I've been watching this for many months, waiting for it to drop from $13. It finally did! Backordered currently. Get your order in before the price goes back up!

Edited by eeddings

Calling this a "Great Deal" might be a dubious qualification, but I bit on one.

SDOTD @ MF: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

voxv8distortion1.jpg

Regular $160 on sale for $80.

I watched video by the Chappers and The Captain and this one seemed to be their (mostly Chappers') favorite out of this line (which obviously isn't selling all that well - and not including the Delay since they didn't have one yet for their demo). But Rob liked it and said he thought it was somewhat similar to the Boss Metal pedal (which he said he liked a bit more).

But for $79.99, with a glow in the dark tubey thing in there, that runs 200 volts (enough to make the tube really work) it might be fun for some. Plus you could swap tubes for different tones.

Here's that video. They finally get to this pedal at around 11:19. You can see that Rob is tickled by the pedal, but The Captain is still blase' about this entire line. I think it's cute :o

[video=youtube;TKdA7jeMRkc]

• Like 1

Great Small SS amp Rocktron 15W $80.

http://www.riffcityguitaroutlet.com/...mbo-amp-black/

Logo lights up like Matchless/Badcat

Best Buy in small tube amp Blackstar HT1MC 190.

I have had the Blackstar HT1 and many other small tube amps I think this is the Best Buy ,sparkling clean, emulated out, Reverb and high gain as good as it gets, sounds great through a 112 Celestion cabinet so could probably benefit from the best 8" speaker you can put in it. A keeper.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...combo-w-reverb

Edited by MorganB