Floyd Tribute Band Debut

dan88z

• Members

This Saturday the 27th. Opening up for my "hippy" band at a theater that is just a fantastic venue to play a gig. Great PA, with line arrays flown, subs under the stage, digital board, a dozen monitor mixes if you need them. The show sold out early last week even after they rearranged some of the tables/reserved seats to open up 50 more general admission tix. .

I don't get nervous much but I'm already excited about this one. We did a dress rehearsal at a rehearsal/video place last week just to run the show end to end since we didn't do any warmup gigs. I have my rig set up at home for the week so I can run my parts and make last minute tweaks to my patches and sound effects. Can't wait!

Here's the band website in case anyone wants to check it out- www.echoesrocks.com

• Members

The demo's sound pretty good, lead singers voice is close to original. Enjoyed the music, sounded spot on musically as a copy, never played Floyd stuff live, sounds challenging to say the least! In the Flesh was my favorite track, would like to see some video of the upcoming show!

• Members

Thanks! Those are cuts from rehearsal, all live, no overdubs, and a rough mix. Our rehearsal place has a Pro Tools setup so we record everything for reference. We have a multi camera video shoot for the gig and their board can also export to Pro Tools so we're hoping to get some nice demo material out of it.

• Members

Off topic, but oddly enough, the two best recordings I've ever done were one on one of those zoom recorders (rehearsal) and the other on my tascam digital 8-track where I made a scratch track that turned out (in my opinion) better than the studio recording done later.

Having recorded in several studios at this point, I have to say that most are crap. Either poor engineering or poor production, but there's always something missing anymore. I miss the old days when it was seemingly more of an art.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived