Dealing with jealousy towards you by band mate (s) .

AJ6stringsting

• Members

I'm curious as to how one would ascertain that your bandmates are jealous? I'd also be interested in understanding what they are jealous about? Unless one has heard the answers to those questions directly from their lips - my bet is that any conclusion that their behavior is out of jealousy most likely whole lot of assumptions on the part of whoever is drawing that conclusion.

As far as how to handle it goes - the answer is simple. First, recognize that you don't get to pick what others may think or how they may feel - but that you clearly have the right to decide what sort of behaviors you're willing to accept. That said - the best way to handle a jealous bandmate (or a bandmate with any sort of personal issue) is to ignore it as gracefully as possible - until specific behaviors make it impossible to ignore. At that point, make it clear that those specific behaviors are unacceptable to you - and be prepared to back it up with action. Obviously, if push comes to shove in such a situation - there are only two options - either they go - or you go.

Archived