considering going solo

senorblues

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I'd be delighted to hear someone re-interpret Herman's Hermits' "No Milk Today."

I was contacted by a guitar player recently who said he had a singer that wanted to do songs of that genre and era exclusively - DC5, Searchers, Herman's Hermits, Zombies, etc. I'm having a hard time remembering any of those songs being covered later and making it to the Billboard list. I'm also wondering who the target audience would be.

• Moderators
Geezers

'zackly...and their wimminz...who adored all those cute Brits way back when....and bought all those fanzines....and watched Hullabaloo, AB67, Shindig, Where the Action Is, ...that is the audience I get the best reaction from....women 55-70...

• Members

'zackly...and their wimminz...who adored all those cute Brits way back when....and bought all those fanzines....and watched Hullabaloo, AB67, Shindig, Where the Action Is, ...that is the audience I get the best reaction from....women 55-70...

55 makes you a prescholler when those shows were aired from '64-'66 . . . . but I take your point.

• Moderators
Well I'll be darned . . . It's a Carol King / Gerry Goffin tune.

Now I want to arrange this a la the Beach Boys...it really has all the elements, doesn't it? The Herman's Hermits version was just a tad 'light' for my taste...then again, it was a huge hit for them, so what do I know?

Archived