What's the last full album you listened to, and when, and on what format?

goodhonk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I bartend at a cocktail bar and they are typically 12-13 hour shifts... When I'm working I run the music off my phone and always play full albums front to back so I probably hear 20 a night when Im working. I got a little nostalgic at the end last night and played Jimmy Eat Worlds Clarity, and before that it was a The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me. I know I played Ratatat at some point, Jim James, The White Stripes, Ray Lamontagne, James Brown, Fly Golden Eagle, Tame Impala, Gil Scott Heron, Link Wray, The Beatles, Dylan, Phosphorescent, Lou Reed, Mutemath... Some other stuff too. Some people don't like hearing a full album by an artist, those people have no attention span and can f*ck off.

• Members

Andy Summer's latest project is a duo called Circa Zero. Their album Circus Hero is a little bit of power pop awesomeness. The CD is on high rotation in the car at the moment. The guy must be 70 and he is still cranking out the cool lines in good songs.

Big Wreck's Ghosts

Bowie's latest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
To me' date=' the album as a artistic medium was a big part of what transformed recorded music from pop art to serious artistic works. While I appreciate the succinctness of a three or four minute single, it's hard to say as much in that amount of time. A great song can say a lot in three minutes, but not as much as a great artist can say in 30-45 minutes.[/quote']

I'd say it depends on the artist. I've recently been getting into country and bluegrass (never thought I'd say that), and some of those guys and gals can deliver an completely gripping and poignant message in a few minutes. Nothing like brevity to drive home a singular point.

• Members
I'd say it depends on the artist. I've recently been getting into country and bluegrass (never thought I'd say that), and some of those guys and gals can deliver an completely gripping and poignant message in a few minutes. Nothing like brevity to drive home a singular point.
If you havent already, check out the Louvin brothers.

Archived