Inexpensive Reverb Pedal?? (Fender '63? EHX?)

arcadesonfire

• Members

I've got a new band that's doing some really washed out stuff. I run through two amps, and only one has reverb (which I use generously). I think I'd like a reverb pedal so that really washed out rhythm--long slow chord strokes--sound impressionistic and dwell a good long time in both amps. I think I want something that has some flutter or other modulation in it--something to make it sound electric, rather than reverb from a physical room/catheral/canyon/etc. Any suggestions??

It would be ultra superb to have true bypass. (Though, does that knock the Boss out? Does it matter?)

I'm an amp tone nut, so I want the most untouched dry signal getting to the amp as possible. And I'd like to keep it cheap, like under $100 used. I use my Timefactor more for super-feedbacky slaps to feign reverb in the Traynor amp and complexify the reverb dwell coming out of the Fender. But I'd like to devote the Timefactor to non-reverb duties more often, so I wanna get another layer of verb in the chain. Thanks!

• Members

i don't know about the used prices, i use a tc elec. hall of fame which i like and is stereo, its here 135euro new..

true bypass is switchable if needed...

also an ehx cathedral could be fun

a small box ehx holy grail is not stereo so not much use in your two amp setup...

the tc hof was really overhyped here, when people got it there were a lot of disappointed people, i like it for what it does and for the price....

• Members

It sounds like the new Digitech Polara pedal would appeal to you as it it is true bypass, stereo and features a modulated mode. However, I think it's going to be about $150 new.

The Zoom CDR offers a wide range of reverb effects for about $120 and is stereo but it is not true bypass.

The cheapest way to get a good stereo reverb pedal would be to buy a Digitech iStomp. I bought one for about $40 recently and it gives you access to similar algorithms to those found on other Digitech devices (Polara, Supernatural, Hardwire Reverb, etc). You need an iOS device to use it though.

• Members

Thanks folks. The Hall of Fame looks/sounds like a winner. It's got more features and a much lower price than i expected. Don't know why folks would've been disappointed.

Oooh, question: Can the USB jack on the back somehow receive midi signals? It'd be awesome if I could send program changes or expression pedal signal from my Time Factor. Though, that stuff might be way too fancy for a cheap pedal.

• Members
yeah' date=' the istomps reverbs are excellent. interface sucks and will be a door stop in a few years at most though. [/quote']

It should be okay as long as you have an old iPhone/iPod and haven't updated the operating system, shouldn't it?

I still use a Yamaha Magicstomp and the software for that is somewhat antiquated!

• Members

Oooh, question: Can the USB jack on the back somehow receive midi signals? It'd be awesome if I could send program changes or expression pedal signal from my Time Factor. Though, that stuff might be way too fancy for a cheap pedal.

nope it just for saving and downloading tone print setting to/from a computer

Archived