Demo'ing my newest gear

Frets99

Along the way, Mr Cheapie has traded and waded his way to an all-american rig. (leastwise an all USA rig)

My favorite acquisitions are all being made right here in Massachusetts, never mind just MIA. Campbell UK-1 is made in the Blackstone Valley which is a spit and a holler down the road. The Klon clone is made by Natick Electrical Apparatus which is also down the road apiece. The cable I'm using is being sold out of Barnstorm Music in Medway and I can practically walk there. Between the three, I could visit them all on a gallon of gas.

The Campbell is one of the finest made instruments I've ever played. The Klon is the overdrive I've dreamed about and the Rivera Pubster 45 is simply the perfect amp for me. My collection is quite severely diminished but more than enough to get the job done.

• Members

Okay, I'm home from work and I can watch your vid. I admit I'm a bit disappointed this isn't another flea market Kramer thread but I'm glad for you nonetheless. Can't recall ever hearing the word "magnificent" used to describe a cable but something is surely responsible for the tones you're getting. Happy New Guitar/Amp/Pedal/Cable Day.

• Members

Sounds great Frets! I've had my eye out for a good deal on a Pubster/Chubster. They seem like really versatile and portable gigging amps.

And nice to see you going all USA, and local no less. I have several guitars and effects pedals that were made here in CT. It's kinda nice to know I could drop by and see the guy that made my guitar.

I love the idea of locally grown. I feel I'm still supporting the "little" guys who are making wonderful products. I've wanted a Campbell since the first time I spoke to Dean a number of years ago. With the help of the local Music Go Round, it all fell together quite nicely.

• Like 1

Sounds great Frets! I've had my eye out for a good deal on a Pubster/Chubster. They seem like really versatile and portable gigging amps.

And nice to see you going all USA, and local no less. I have several guitars and effects pedals that were made here in CT. It's kinda nice to know I could drop by and see the guy that made my guitar.

The Rivera is a killer amp. Not a ton of headroom but what it has is primo and the OD is to die for. Up until I heard the Klon, I would have been more than happy to just go with the amp for OD.

• Like 1

Just found this exact guitar in Dean Campbell's Facebook page. The body is a tight Limba. Some call it Korina. The neck pickup is a Lollar Charlie Christian and the bridge pickup is a Lollar Imperial. It is a light and incredibly balanced instrument. It just seems to follow where you lead it with ease.