check out these subwoofers

• Members

the first link is an absolute disgrace. (and he wants 1250 for it)

http://bend.craigslist.org/msg/3288885057.html

What do you think about this second sub? It's probably not very good, but if i don't like it, I'm sure I can get my money back on craigslist, minus a sheet of plywood and a couple hours of time. It would be used for a garage p.a. to listen to while I build real speakers. It Kinda looks like a jbl 2241 (Please don't bash me too hard about it hall of fame members lol)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-18-PA-DJ-Band-Pro-Audio-Sub-Woofer-Speaker-/251024386693?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Speakers_Monitors&hash=item3a72382a85

• Members

He is an idiot. It doesn't take much to clean up a speaker before you take a picture of it.

I sold my Crown K2 this year and I had nothing but perfect performance out of it. The guy who bought it said that he had 2 that were damaged in shipping. Evidentally there is a large cap placed sideways inside the amp that if it is jarred too hard, rips lose from the PCB. When the amp is then turned on, it will smoke it (pretty bad failure mode).

In general these amps have been reported rock solid (as mine was for 7 years).

• Members

i also have a zomax eighteen driver purchased from our very own agedhorse brand new and ran for..ten minutes? it really didnt work in its intended box so i pulled it out and put the seismic driver in..if your interested, i'd take 95 shipped for it. i'll have to drag up some t's parameters for it, i dont know if i ever had them but i can probably find some or ask andy.

• Members

If a product looks like it's been abused, it's a safe assumption that it has.

The driver that's pictured is a cheap copy of the 2241 but the magnet is not as large and assuming it's even the same grade as JBL uses, the motor strength is not going to be as high. My bet is that it's a lower grade of magnetic material. The other glaring difference is the magnetic circuit... JBL uses a different pole geometry which is another significant contributor to the 2241 performance and sensitivity. Is it worth $99? Maybe. Is it similar in performance to the 2241... absolutely not. Will you be able to get your money back out of the project? Doubtful at best and ifthe driver fails then you have (EXPENSIVE) firewood.

Archived