First gay wedding reception

Tullsterx

• Members

Well, we finally played our first gay wedding reception last Saturday. It went well, everybody had a good time and we got paid. Just one kinda "ewww" moment when one of the grooms said "You guys were great, but not a good as an orgasm."

I wonder if we'll see a rush of gay wedding shows now that same-sex marriage is legal around here? Anybody else seen anything like that?

• Members

Played for a Transgendered conference. Good food, good people and the men's room was pretty much empty all night. Some couples came with both the wife and husband in coordinated gowns. (Some of these people are straight and some aren't. And an amazing number of couples were married.) If they were in dresses they went to the ladies room.

• Members

I suppose there's a real chance that could happen with the band I'm in now, they've been around for a while, perhaps they've already done it. It's something I would initially be opposed to but I suppose the money is just as green and I can keep my beliefs, feelings and opinions to myself real easy.

• Members

As I'm putting together my wedding band project.. I'm going to consider ways to make it obvious to a gay or transgendered couple that we welcome them (and really any alternative style wedding that still wants the current style of wedding band).. but without alienating a customer who might be against that. It's another base of potential customers.. and it's silly not to capitalize on it.

On a personal note.. I'm always for personal freedoms, and the ability to pursue your happiness however you see fit. Playing a gay or transgender wedding wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

• Members
As I'm putting together my wedding band project.. I'm going to consider ways to make it obvious to a gay or transgendered couple that we welcome them (and really any alternative style wedding that still wants the current style of wedding band).. but without alienating a customer who might be against that. It's another base of potential customers.. and it's silly not to capitalize on it.

On a personal note.. I'm always for personal freedoms, and the ability to pursue your happiness however you see fit. Playing a gay or transgender wedding wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

There are certain terms and phrases you can put in your text that will clue people into your openness for these sorts of gigs. Mention that you do receptions for weddings and civil ceremonies, perhaps. Or work the word "lifestyle" in there someplace. There are easy and subtle ways to reach the intended audience while pretty much going over the heads of those not specifically looking for it.

• Members

I had to laugh, because I attended one of the first gay weddings in NY State. The ceremony was in Albany, NY and the men had the same names already - first, middle AND last! It was a Justice of the Peace ceremony, and the JoP went to read the names and was completely confused. She also didn't know what to say when she would normally say, "man and wife". We all had a good laugh, and my friends, Michael and Michael enjoyed the video I took.

Archived