Least expensive RELIABLE direct box

• Members

Like I said, we use them on small gigs (mainly the owner's band when the BSS DI's are in use elsewhere) they're not great but they work and get the job done. Definitely better choices, so I'm not saying the Berry DI's outperform BSS, Radial, and the like, but they work. Maybe not perfectly, but they work for the price. I wouldn't own one, just stating my opinion.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by djiceman1575

View Post

Like I said, we use them on small gigs (mainly the owner's band when the BSS DI's are in use elsewhere) they're not great but they work and get the job done. Definitely better choices, so I'm not saying the Berry DI's outperform BSS, Radial, and the like, but they work. Maybe not perfectly, but they work for the price. I wouldn't own one, just stating my opinion.

You wouldn't own one but you are (more or less) recommending one?

• Members

You know, I like the fact that my clients don't get the "least expensive" equipment when they hire me. Instead they get a level of quality that they may not normally get to experience. The little bit extra that I spend on top notch equipment ends up being a direct reflection on me and my concern for the quality of my work - whether they can hear it or not. Buy the best you can and it will pay for itself in the long run.

Archived