Links Disappearing

Idunno

• Members

Anyone notice this? It isn't only here. YouTube links I posted do not appear in my posts anymore. Ones that are posted on other forum site posts will not link up, either. Once selected, they fail to deliver and then disappear altogether like mine did. Very odd.

They will link up if selected from the www but it's like a disconnect has occurred preventing other (private) posting of them. If you copy a YouTube link and paste it here, again, it fails to show up publicly on your post. If it does show up, it will not link to the video.

HC must be selling it's expertise for Fail to other sites.

• Members

Idunno: I am not seeing this anywhere on the site. Perhaps this is just your situation: A Slow internet connection maybe? Make sure if you are loading video, that you click on the A (advanced text editor) button on the right side of the post box you are writing in ).

When you click on the Advanced editor, you'll see an icon that looks like a film strip. This is where you would paste in the youtube link. That should make this stick for you.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

D

• Members

Thanks, Dendy. I'm aware of the procedure. Like you say, it might be only me but tbry (member) experienced the same thing in the thread titled "Current state of forums", or similar, and stated so. It's like I put something up and it gets expunged when I hit the "Post Reply" button. When I attempt to edit the post I originally placed the link in I can see it residing in the edit screen. But, again, is will not show publicly. I'm operating an older iMac machine via and older version of Firefox and this anomaly started today. I'll go back to Mac's Safari ISP and see if that cures it.

Archived