Studiolive Speaker Delay

• Members

I'm trying to figure out if any kind of speaker delay is available in the Studiolive 1602. I found a post from Abzurd mentioning speaker delay, which was one of the things I was disappointed that the Studiolive didn't have initially. The post mentioned it was available on the auxes, although after some reading of the manual I can only find it on the subgroups, something the 1602 doesn't have. Can anyone confirm whether the 1602 has it anywhere?

If not, can the delay effect, which is available on auxes and mains, be used for speaker delay? I haven't ever used a delay effect, only reverb. I was hoping to get a Yamaha 01V or SL 1642, but my budget has been reduced. Thanks.

• Members

I'm not sure about the 1602, but owning the 16.4.2 and the 24.4.2, the time delay is in the subgroups and I used it this past weekend to delay a set of speakers 26ms in a ballroom, it worked fantastic. You adjust the time in the settings page, and then route what you want in the delay to that subgroup and the "Mains" = easy and works great

• Members

Thanks, glad to see they have it. Unfortunately I'm not sure I can justify the price difference. I have a Sabine Navigator system processor but was hoping to get rid of it. I think I might be able to add delay via the VSL software, and for that use latency isn't an issue. But I'm hesitant to use a PC in the audio chain of a live event.

• Members

Sorry if I said "auxes"....oops. It's indeed only available on the Subgroups. It works great though. I understand the budget may not be there, but with it's subgroups, better EQ, more auxes, and more inputs, the 1642 has substantially more features, if they are needed.

• Members

No worries, thanks. I was planning on getting a 1602 today with the rebate but decided to hold off. I don't need all the additional features of the 1642 but a few of them including the subgroups and delay are important, so I need to think about it more.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by hemismith

View Post

I have a Sabine Navigator system processor but was hoping to get rid of it.

A system processor would be the logical way to achieve speaker delay...is there a specific problem with the Sabine? Most decent processors are capable of being controlled by a computer but the computer is not in the audio chain. If the computer fails you just go to the front panel of the processor to control it (which is usually a "set it and forget it" device anyway)

Archived