Shipping a mixer

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Unalaska

View Post

I've got a sick 01v96 that needs some attention at yamaha in Cali. It has no rack rail but its road case is an anvil with 2" of foam all the way around. Can this be shipped in its case? Experts?

I do it all of the time. I tie down the butterfly latches with zip ties through the holes

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by dennis a View Post
I do it all of the time. I tie down the butterfly latches with zip ties through the holes
Yes and yes.

I also like to wrap the road case in cardboard and tape thoroughly. Helps keep honest shipping people more honest. Out of sight, out of mind...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by agedhorse View Post
Yes and yes.

I also like to wrap the road case in cardboard and tape thoroughly. Helps keep honest shipping people more honest. Out of sight, out of mind...
That, and if you find that you need to file a damage in shipping claim, it's much easier to prove damage in shipping if the damage to the case (and possibly contents) matches up to damage of the cardboard carton. Usually I just "construct" a box from a flat sheet of 4 x 8ft. double wall cardboard. Score your creases and make your flaps approx. 1/2" larger than the dimensions of the case... your resulting box will fit snug.

Also, I'll suggest that in my experience, FedEx Ground is arguably a little "easier" on large/heavier parcels than UPS.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by agedhorse View Post
Yes and yes.

This is exactly how I received my A&H GL2800 32 ch. (used) from a SR company in Wisconsin. It arrived perfectly intact. And it obviously weighed waaaaaaaaay more than your Yammie

Archived