Drummer Problem Resolved!

New Trail

• Members

We had to do something, either just quit or get our old drummer back. We all agreed to get our old drummer back but we couldn't agree on how to do it so the guitar player in the band just told him (our drummer) that the old drummer wanted back in the band and that we all agreed to it and that was what was going to happen. When he came to the practice house to get his gear it was obvious that his feelings were hurt, and I almost considered (again) quitting, but I didn't. We had our first rehearsal with our (new) old drummer last night and it was all worth it. The feel was there, the groove was back, we went over several of our old songs, and even worked on a new one that I just started writing. I hate hurting anyones feelings but sometimes you just have to, I guess.

• Members

Always nice to give notice. Actually usually a good idea to have all the members in on the discussions. I know people think that the member who is wanted out won't be rational, but in every case where I was asked to leave, I was ready to leave much earlier and if I had been in on the discussions, it would have been easier, faster and a happier parting than what happened.

• 1 month later...

Archived