It's official - the new EHX B9 Organ Machine

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much?

Are they for sale?

I don't think they're shipping yet, but hopefully Bill will correct me if I'm mistaken. I don't see them listed on any online music retail sites yet.

As far as the price, that's in the press release - at least the list price is:

With the B9 Organ Machine, EHX’s goal was to create an affordable, rugged and easy to use pedal that would put undeniable organ sound at a musician’s fingertips. Check out the http://www.ehx.com/b9 demo to hear it for yourself. The new B9 Organ Machine comes standard with an EHX 9.6-Volt/DC200mA AC adapter and carries a U.S. list price of $293.73.

So $293.73 MSRP... that's similar to the list price of the Micro POG ($284.99), so I imagine the street prices will be similar too, with the B9 probably running $10-15 more than the Micro POG. I have not heard anything official on what the street price is going to be - that's just my rough estimate.

I love how their prices are usually so... unconventional. Almost seemingly random. You rarely see something like "$89.99" listed as a EHX retail price - instead, it's more likely to be $82.17 or something along those lines. I'm not sure why they do it, but it definitely catches my attention whenever I see their prices displayed in a catalog next to those of other companies. I suspect that might be the reason why they do it. :D Regardless, it's different, quirky, and a bit refreshing IMO.

If it lists for close to $300 would the street price not be closer to $190-$225?

I'm not sure about "closer" - that's about what I was suggesting the "street" price would be - roughly the same, or a few bucks more (since it lists for a few bucks more) than the Micro POG goes for. They currently street for $213.75, so that, plus an extra ten bucks or so, puts my estimate right near the top of the range you suggested. :)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/electro-harmonix-xo-micro-pog-polyphonic-octave-generator-guitar-effects-pedal

• Members

Phil They are going out know so anyone can order one through your nearest EHX dealer.

The street price is $220.30

Bill

I don't think they're shipping yet, but hopefully Bill will correct me if I'm mistaken. I don't see them listed on any online music retail sites yet.

As far as the price, that's in the press release - at least the list price is:

With the B9 Organ Machine, EHX’s goal was to create an affordable, rugged and easy to use pedal that would put undeniable organ sound at a musician’s fingertips. Check out the http://www.ehx.com/b9 demo to hear it for yourself. The new B9 Organ Machine comes standard with an EHX 9.6-Volt/DC200mA AC adapter and carries a U.S. list price of $293.73.

So $293.73 MSRP... that's similar to the list price of the Micro POG ($284.99), so I imagine the street prices will be similar too, with the B9 probably running $10-15 more than the Micro POG. I have not heard anything official on what the street price is going to be - that's just my rough estimate.

• Members

The Click knob on Preset 6 Octaves acts as a high harmonic partial (tone) cut as well as controlling key click..

Otherwise just adjust your amp to how YOU want it to sound.

Too bad there is no tone knob. They might be a bit too bright for me.

• Members

Does anyone know what drawbar setting EHX is claiming their B3 setting is claiming to emulate?

Is there a way of adding on a few more stops?

From the description I've read so far, I don't think they have anything that'd add (or drop) a high-register drawbar.

It's not the "organ" knob (that's a mix control, right?).

• Members
Don't forget Bill Rupert can really play. He did not hit any bad notes, or let strings ring etc. It may be harder than it looks to get the organ to sound that good without ghost notes and such.

True, to all the above. Too the decay still has a slight digital artifact/"lop off" not that the audience/involved could notice and it may even be my ears/headphones, but hell yeah that sounds great, and I agree w/ the warmth of the effect...Impressive to say the least...philthumb...

Well, it already has presets (nine of them), and I don't really see any way to do user editing, so a place to store edited presets wouldn't be of much use IMO - at least not unless they offered one with a lot more editing capability, and I really don't see that as being likely with an organ type pedal. I could be wrong though... we'll see.

As far as the Leslie sim goes, I'm less concerned about that than the actual organ sounds - I have some good Leslie sims... and a real Leslie too for that matter. :)

Archived