Problems with my A&H GL-2400

• Members

Our GL-2400-32 has been great to us for 3 years now. Everything starts with a symptom i suppose. The other night Ch 10 wouldnt work at sound check. I didnt really have time to mess around in the doghouse so we just used another ch.  Upon getting it set up in our shop ch 10 worked fine when i plugged to talkback mic into it. But that same night the main meters wouldnt show anything when the PFL button was engaged. The little red light (PLF/AFL) next to the meters lights up when the PFL's are engaged.

So naturally im making a call to our local shop but I wanted to pick your guys brains as I have the most faith in the minds here. I was really hoping there was an "idiot" buttom pressed somewhere but I sure cant find it.

So what do ya guys think ?

• Members

Pull all of the buss band cables and reseat all of  them.

They are internal.

Exercise all the insert jacks with a tip/ring/sleeve connector with an in and out motion with the 1/4 connector.

This might not solve your issue but is something that comes recommended as a first start on analog consoles.

• Members

Most likely problem is an intermittent insert jack. Cycle all of them with a plug and see if you are good to go.

This is not an analog or digital problem, it's a mechanical problem common to all consoles with insert jacks (that are not bypassed with switches).

Archived