Line 6 Pod thru a bluetooth mini speaker?

BeanoBoy

• Members

I'm traveling for a month and was wondering if a Line 6 Pod plugged into one of those mini bluetooth speakers would cut it as a portable practice amp? I have a Yamaha THR 10 but don't want the hassle of taking it on the plane. The Pod and speaker would fit in my suitcase. Any thoughts?

• Members

OK, it would work. Any thoughts on how WELL it would work? Thanks

I don't think it would sound very good, to tell you the truth. I have a bluetooth speaker that I had hooked up to a Digitech RP255, and it didn't sound that great.

It might be good enough for travel purposes, tho.

• Members

I think it would work if you plugged into the speaker (which you may have implied), but I don't know about Bluetooth compatability of the device. I have a Line 6 Sonic Port and it will not allow you to output via Bluetooth. I don't know if it's a Line 6 thing, or just a Sonic Port limitation ...

• Members
I'm not sure that I'd bother with Bluetooth. Less chance for latency or compression with a little copper wire. All in all though' date=' I think you'd be better off with a Roland micro-amp or something like it. Safe travels![/quote']

I'd be plugging directly into the speaker so latency shouldn't be a problem? I'm just looking for something I can easily pack in my luggage, the Roland stuff is small but still a bit larger than I'd want. I've decided that my Boss Micro BR is an ideal processor size and has drums and COSM amps and FX. I'm still wondering if that with say a Nakamichi BT 04, which is pretty compact, would suffice?

• Members
I dont know where you are travelling but take a mini jack plug lead with you. There is almost always something you can plug into to use its amp and speaker. Cd player' date=' stereo , radio, tv. [/quote']

So far, I seem to be in the minority as nobody has experimented with a processor into a mini speaker. I have plugged my Boss Micro BR into my Thunder iPod boom box and it sounded pretty good. I'll have access to a mini Bluetooth upon arrival so I'll try that first, but there's a good possibility that a CD Boom box will be available as well. Worse case scenario, I can use headphones.

• Members
I'd be amazed if it sounded anywhere near decent or good. But you can experiment with it' date=' I suppose.[/quote']

You'd be amazed because….. perhaps the tiny speakers will sound godawful? Recorded music sounds pretty good thru these little boxes but perhaps a guitar played at low volume won't translate?

• Members

Well, it really depends on your expectations. If you expect it to sound like a tiny speaker, you'll probably be just fine.

If you're expecting it to sound like a real guitar amp, you'll probably be disappointed. The thing with real amps, even a small practice amp, is that they're designed to move a significant amount of air in a pretty specific frequency range. Little speakers are meant to reproduce full-range music at small volumes. I think, in this case headphones would be the best case scenario, not your worst. You're not going to annoy anyone around you, you'll get a lot better, more realistic sounding tones, and you won't have to replace batteries all the time. Plus they're useful in other situations. Just a thought.

• Members

Just spring for a Smokey. Loud as heck and will fit in your shirt pocket.

You can even plug it into a 4X12" guitar cab and mic it in a pinch at a gig if you mic it.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Smokey-Amp-Mini-Amp-483005-i1145925.gc?source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=CPLO2bHg8r4CFclr 7AodiBkARA&kwid=productads-plaid^65690032122-sku^483005.012@ADL4GC-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^27123448242

• Members

So far, I seem to be in the minority as nobody has experimented with a processor into a mini speaker. I have plugged my Boss Micro BR into my Thunder iPod boom box and it sounded pretty good. I'll have access to a mini Bluetooth upon arrival so I'll try that first, but there's a good possibility that a CD Boom box will be available as well. Worse case scenario, I can use headphones.

I used to use my BossBR80 through the tv suround system, sounded awesome. On holiday I use it through headphones for practice. I plug into whatever is available if I want to share it. Those speakers that use the surface they are sitting on as a soundboard punch well above their weight.

Archived