Tell me about the Tribute band business

sventvkg

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Hey sventvkg, was curious how your Tribute idea has unfolded man. Hope all has turned out good either way. Anyway, I'm not strictly a pro-tribute only type of person here as I feel that all different genres offer different options for me but I thought I'd share some cool video of our show we played a few saturdays ago. We were fortunate to headline Houston's House of Blues and sold that puppy out. 1,700 people with a full balcony. It was a very cool thing to be a part of. Just one of the pros of the tribute genre for me.

Partial War Pigs -

Crowd was amped up!

Bark at the Moon -

• Members

We were fortunate to headline Houston's House of Blues and sold that puppy out. 1,700 people with a full balcony. It was a very cool thing to be a part of. Just one of the pros of the tribute genre for me.

Partial War Pigs -

Crowd was amped up!

Bark at the Moon -

\m/ LOVE IT!

• Members
Hey sventvkg, was curious how your Tribute idea has unfolded man. Hope all has turned out good either way. Anyway, I'm not strictly a pro-tribute only type of person here as I feel that all different genres offer different options for me but I thought I'd share some cool video of our show we played a few saturdays ago. We were fortunate to headline Houston's House of Blues and sold that puppy out. 1,700 people with a full balcony. It was a very cool thing to be a part of. Just one of the pros of the tribute genre for me.

Partial War Pigs -

Crowd was amped up!

Bark at the Moon -

We had a few things going in Nashville ramping up last spring then we decided we were moving to Florida so we put it on hold to restart down here. Trying to get something of our own started here but taking it one project at a time. Truthfully I'm not that into a tribute thing. For me, it's about $$ these days and ONLY $$..I have ZERO spark for performing anymore..NONE. I go through the motions and pretend to be having fun but really i'm neutral. It's definitely better than doing anything else but I can't wait to build this system into a business so I don't have to waste my time playing on stage to a bunch of people who really don't give a {censored}e ya know? So I'm taking it one step at a time..I'm not saying if the perfect player came along I wouldn't do it, but I have a bunch of other things to concentrate on before I get back to Tributes.

• Members
Right on Jeff, appreciate it man! And sorry to hear you've lost that drive sventvkg. Hopefully that spark relights when you find something to motivate ya. Best of luck man.

Ah, No big deal man...I've kinda been there done that with just about everything music wise at this point so it's all good. I'm working a lot now, establishing myself in the Orlando area. We're doing better than ever and we're only 4 months into our move to FL! In the next 5 years like I've previously stated I'm going to transition into more of a business man, less of a player where i'm running things and only playing the few things I want.

Archived