Why is it so darn hard to post pictures?

Jkater

• Members

I'm seriously starting to lose the will to hang around here. For some reasons, posting pics doesn't work or frustratingly erratically so. My sig looked like an undecipherable code before I gave up trying to fix it. A certain vibe that kept me coming back is gone for me. And other things too mondane and unimportant to most to be worth mentionning.

Or am I just in a bad mood right now?

• Members

If a hick like me can figure out how to post pictures I know you can, although most of mine need re-sized because they are too large.

The current platform has been called quirky by those in charge ,this may be another "little problem'"

fetch?filedataid=92719

• Members
Just type the image tag and and you are good.

Put the link to your image between the two.

Like so,

AmySmart.jpg

See, not so hard.

Amy = yum from the waist down.....dood looks like a lady from the waist up.

• Members

Like so,

AmySmart.jpg

See, not so hard.

Your image works kind of, but I'm still getting a bikini between me and the subject :(

• Members

Like so,

AmySmart.jpg

See, not so hard.

Insufficient Mellons.

• Members

I think they made it more difficult to post 3rd party hosted photos... Photobucket' date=' or just pulling a link from a googled pic... It's annoying... I almost never post photos because it's such a hassle...[/quote']

It used to be easy though. Posting from a Website was nice because I don't want to have to save eveything on my computer then put it on my pics if I'm gonna be active here.

• Moderators

It used to be easy though. Posting from a Website was nice because I don't want to have to save eveything on my computer then put it on my pics if I'm gonna be active here.

Richard, it's actually easier in this version of vB than the original, just click on the A, which toggle son the advanced editor and then use the little two peaks and sun icon to post a pic, then insert the url of the pic and submit, job done.

The signature thing is every bit as easy, just get your old signature, remove all the HTML and then post the plain version. The previous Lithium platform made it impossible to migrate HTML formatted sigs.

• Members
I think they made it more difficult to post 3rd party hosted photos... Photobucket' date=' or just pulling a link from a googled pic... It's annoying... I almost never post photos because it's such a hassle...[/quote']

Maybe that's why there are not many NGD posts.

I just scored a CV 50s bass for $175 and can't post a pic.

• Members
I wanted to send this (explaining how to post youtubes) in a PM from my computer but it seemed it would only accept a url from a website or hosting. Not direct from my pc although normal forum posts will.

fetch?filedataid=100528

I am sure that if I studied this long enough I could make some sense of it, but I am too tired, so I give in.

what are you talking about?

• Members

Okay, I wanted to show someone how to post youtube vids

If you put that line in the pm it just opens the vid and the punter still can't see the code

So I took a snapshot of the code as an image

As you see it works here but not in a PM which demands a URL to add images

and that's it in a word (or more) :)

( Update. Actually I have crossed forums without intending so this message may be from a biker parallel universe)

Update 2 yes disregard my posts this forum is fine, carry on as you were and be happy very-happy.png.197c47f720636f02390cc2b0a33804da.png' alt='smiley-veryhappy'>

Archived