Best band-practice ever,,,last night.

• Members

WoW,,,, we had a helluva band-practice last night. We have an excellent new drummer, and it looks like he's going to be an enthusiastic "regular". This guy used to play in a KISS tribute band, and he knows his way around a drum-kit. My "made-in-Englad" Premiers, never sounded better. Our bass-player was "hot", and a great vocalist too.

We partially mic'ed the drum-kit, with EV PL-series mics on snare, rack-toms, and kick. Bass went through a 100w Yorkville BassMaster XM, and was simultaenously D.I.'d to the mixer. We had four vocal mics (three ND767a's, and an SM-58). We had wash-lights, a laser, and dance-floor lighting too (for atmosphere). It was a hard-rockin' night, and we were loud as hell, without a hint of feedback. P/A duty was handled by a pair of NX55P's, over a pair of LS720P subs. It was a club-like atmosphere and sound-level.

Judging by the reaction of the musicians, as well as those who just sat and watched, everybody can't wait for the next "jam". For me, that's what it's all about. My phone's been ringing all afternoon today, thanking me for a great night, and they just can't wait to do it again. I'm stoked!!!!!:smileyhappy:

• Members

Bobby1Note wrote:

WoW,,,, we had a helluva band-practice last night.

Judging by the reaction of the musicians, as well as those who just sat and watched, everybody can't wait for the next "jam". For me, that's what it's all about. My phone's been ringing all afternoon today, thanking me for a great night, and they just can't wait to do it again. I'm stoked!!!!!
:smileyhappy:

Same thing here... it happened about a week ago.  Best band practice for me basically forever.  Funny thing is:  It was with the same old gang and just another day... nothing out of the ordinary.

It was like "wow... is this us?"

I dunno... maybe something was in the weather or sun spots?

• Members

RoadRanger wrote:

Bobby1Note wrote:

My phone's been ringing all afternoon today

Are you sure that isn't your ears? 
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

No ears ringin',,,, and no hangover either wink.gif , which was quite a surprise. We knocked back a couple of cases (12's) of Corona, and Labatts' Blue, plus 8-10 1/2 liter cans of Grolsch ( Holland) and BittBurger (Germany).

We shut 'er down at 3:20 AM, and no sign of the local constabulary.. Then it was mandatory "pizza-time" for those that had the "munchies", and we  finally hit the sack around 4:30-5:00. Great night. wink.gif

As an aside, the bass we used was a '73 Rickenbacker. Sounded great.

Archived