Angled pole cups

• Members

Has anyone ever seen an aftermarket angled pole cup? I'm trying to find a way to pole mount a pair of EAW SM155's which are the "standard" wedge design. From past experiments, I've found that the pole needs to be in the back rather than the bottom to balance on the pole. Otherwise, it appears to put a lot of pressure on the pole cup. Any ideas?

M

• Members

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=290-670

You could certainly mount a cup on the top horn side as long as the cup depth does not hit the compression

driver or horn.

There is nothing wrong with mounting the horn side down as long as you get the height you need

for coverage into the room.

I dont see anyway for you to pole mount that box and keep balance otherwise unless you scrap

the boxes and make new boxes for the guts of that loudspeaker.

• Members

Without having to modify your cabinet you could mount one of these on the horn side of the cabinet

Then you would have a perfect balance and the compression driver/horn depth would not be an issue.

When you put them up on sticks the horn would be down and speaker on top.

It would work fine.

POLE.JPG

• Members

I remember seeing either a stand or adapter that shifted the center point of the speaker (it shifted the bottom backwards as the more forward it was tilted). I tried looking for it with a quick google search but couldnt find it. I do remember that they were pretty expensive though.

• Members

Tomm, if you don't need to adjust the angle of the speaker, I suspect that you could get a couple of angled mounting plates with pole cups fabricated for not too much money. Four tee-nuts or similar threaded inserts into the cabinet would give you a pretty clean way to install and remove the plates from the monitor, but give you a solid mount. Powder coat them black, and they would just disappear. Mark C.

• Members

Wow, 45 degrees? that is a lot of tilt. I guess for something very near field. Just don't let the dancers trip over the stand legs :-). I'd agree that putting the horn on the bottom makes more sense (and still allows them to be used as monitors). Be VERY CAREFUL about finding the center of gravity. Personaly I find a big speaker on a tripod a disaster waiting to happen. Just the tripod legs them selves hanging out amongst a bunch of drunk people are IMO a trip hazzard. I know it's done all of the time but............

Cheers

Archived