Hallo folks

Kramerguy

• Members

Hey everyone! Been a while since I last visited! I'm still in the cover band, still doing our thing, although less than we used to just because we're all busier this last year.

I've been working nonstop lately, I got a really great job.. In fact, it's beyond great.. I'm a lifer there :) Last few months we've been overhauling the whole company because of growth, we've been reeling from growing pains on every level. It's a good thing :) Everything should fall in place by summertime we hope.

So what's new with everyone?

I responded to a 'daryl's house' type ad a few months ago, and have been doing random jams with random people in this guys studio. I never knew how much stellar talent was in my area! Most everyone is in their 40's and all of them have been in the scene and many back out the other end lol, but incredible players all around. I was worried walking into it that I wouldn't be able to cut it with these guys, but it turned out really great, and I got a standing invite back.. been back a few times too. Being so busy, I haven't been back in a couple of months though.

Looks like the economy is still {censored}, local scene is still {censored}, etc.. lol. And back to what's new with y'all?

• Members
Kramer I suppose I could go snooping and figure out where you live and stuff, but I'm too lazy. Where is this musician wonderland you speak of?????

In my head. Yes, in there, I'm a guitar god and purveyor of fine brew and groupies, oh yeah, and endless great tunes.

If you don't know me, don't worry, I'm frankly just another dude in my 40's doing the coverband thing, having fun in the sun, and haven't been around in a while. The other day, I found myself thinking of this place and that I haven't seen a good argument on music stands on stage or maybe a debate on the finer points of wearing cargo shorts and t-shirts while playing a corporate fundraiser.

• Members

Welcome back dude in your 40's doin the coverband thing. New upgrade on the forum software, not a lot of fine discussion on cargo shorts and music stands lately although there is one topic on 420 that will probably be debated.

• Members

Good to see you still here Kramerguy! I started playing with another cover band in addition to my current one. Even though it's more work, it really feels like a relief. There's something to be said for not having all your eggs in one basket!

• Members
I responded to a 'daryl's house' type ad a few months ago, and have been doing random jams with random people in this guys studio.

I would love to do something like that. Especially with players of such a high caliber and with, you know, Daryl's sound crew.

• Members

Guy in his 60s here doing cover band thing. Moved from Lancaster, CA, to Lancaster, PA, a few months ago and am still trying to start up an oldies/rockabilly band in the area. Found a drummer, but can't seem to find a bass player interested in this style of music. They all want to do funk or heavy metal, even the old guys. I'll keep looking.

• Members
Guy in his 60s here doing cover band thing. Moved from Lancaster, CA, to Lancaster, PA, a few months ago and am still trying to start up an oldies/rockabilly band in the area. Found a drummer, but can't seem to find a bass player interested in this style of music. They all want to do funk or heavy metal, even the old guys. I'll keep looking.
Damn, I'd love to do some Rockabilly - move up here LOL :) .

Archived