OT? your thoughts?

nchangin

• Members

Howdy folks, I posted this in Live sound and production, probably the wrong forum see what yall think? I have been doing these for years (karaoke competition) and this one is from a major sponsor that has a large country festival every year with the latest and greatest in country music. While country is not always my desire, I do enjoy most of it.

For the qualifier I have to travel out of town for 2 hours which is no big deal but as a vocalist it's nice to know your "band" or sound in which this case is the tracks. I found out the KJ, went to his website and he advertises: XPERIENCE

xxx has over ten years of experience in Karaoke and DJ entertainment. Bar owners say they love the way he keeps the crowd hopping and always seems to know what kind of music to play. Bartenders and servers say they earn more tips and serve more drinks when Dion does the show. Singers say they sound the best on Dion's Karaoke system and they can't believe the selection of songs that he has for them to choose from.

PROFESSIONAL KARAOKE SYSTEM

Karaoke with xxx has a professional system specifically built for karaoke, not just a DJ system with a karaoke player added. It is the best sounding karaoke system that you will ever hear. We also have a HUGE song selection (over 11,500 songs) and we use only the highest quality karaoke discs. We add updates at least once a month. Your customers will be impressed that they can sing the songs that are on the radio TODAY, as well as the "oldies" that everybody loves!

I emailed him my requests from artist from songs that are definately top 40 on the country charts released in 2011 and he doesn't have them but he has 4 other odd ball songs from the same artist. I asked if I can bring my own, yes, only if it's factory CD's. I replied that I find it ironic in 2014 we have to bring the original CD when you can download these tracks commercially directly over the internet. Sigh.

I guess I am concerned that he advertises you can sing "songs that are on the radio TODAY" but yet he can't get tracks from top 40 songs from 2011? What would you do? I did look at what the other qualifiers are using for songs and they are old and a variety some not even country like: lean on me, new york new york, etc. My concern is that no one is doing the modern stuff cause he doesn't have it. I don't want to be a big stinker about it all I just find it's not fair that you practice for your gig then you can't play it cause they don't have it?

What would you do? Thank all for your thoughts....Also I will report back to see how the "best sounding Karaoke system" is for equipment when I return.

• Members

This reminds me of the "house PA" that turns out to be a 40 year old crackly crunchy Peavey board run through some shi**y no-name 200 watt speakers covered in dirty-ass rat fur. I'd do the same thing I do in those situations: bring it yourself. Bring your own backtracks: dude sounds like a bit of a bull{censored} artist.

Archived