Boss RE-20 vs Timefactor

• Members

I looove my Timefactor, but one thing that's really got me down is that my favorite delay choices (Vintage and Tape delay) only have hi-cut filters. I wish I could cut the lows of these delays.... So, lately I've been listening to Tame Impala's Lonerism, and I could tell there was a lot of RE-201 Space Echo on the guitars. Turns out it's actually the RE-20 pedal, and they must be cutting bass and boosting treble on those delays. So I'm wondering:

1. Do you have any tips for getting an RE-201 sound out of the Timefactor? Which delay type could do it best?

2. How is the bypass and dry signal on the RE-20? Maybe I should just get one and add it to my signal chain. But one of the supreme things about the Timefactor is how transparent it is. Even with the delay trailing turned on, the bypassed and dry sounds are immaculate (imho). Would the Boss pedal muck up my signal?

• Members

arcade: what software version are you running on the TF? The Tape Delay does have some drawbacks - I always found the filter to be WAY too bassy. I think the Analog mode is pretty sweet though. I'm considering getting a TF again cause I miss mine.

RE-20 is cool and I had one but sold it due to the whole input thing and how you can't bypass it.

Archived