FYI: Forum Software is Wonky

sventvkg

• Members

When I try to reply if I hit enter, sometimes it jumps to a different place or I hit backspace to fix a mistake the cursor will jump to the end of the paragraph. God FORBID I have to go back to the middle of the paragraph to insert something because the cursor starts jumping around...Very frustrating..I'm on Chrome, latest version, Snow Leopard, mac.

• Members
I am beginning to suspect that the statement "Forum Software is Wonky" is a universal truth. It's all a matter of which Wonkies you find most tolerable.

smiley-frustrated

Dunno about that - I'm running SimpleMachinesForum and have just about zero issues. But then I don't have a database of 35M+ messages and hundreds of simultaneous users so I'll give them some (more) time to get it stable before laying into them LOL. But they sure underestimated the timelines and server power needed - it's pretty darn dead in here now with all the problems old and new users had getting in :( . And for all them upgrades it's still sluggish - especially considering how few of us are on now :( .

Archived