Best Amp for Peavy QW4F's?

• Members

Hey AgedHorse. Below is the link for the speaker with the Specs. Can you give me any advice on an amp that would be well paired with these speakers?

http://www.peavey.com/products/index.cfm/item/685/110631/QW%26nbsp%3B4F

I really, really, really appreciate your time. I am banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out. All I want to know is what amp to buy for these speakers. The internet wiped out all local music stores in my area, so I don't know where to turn to get help. Thank you so much!

• Members

My company has employee events a few times a year where we'll bring in a few bands and have a party. We have about 200 people. I just need a decent sound system for bands to play out of.

I got setup with mics, mixers, some intel lighting, etc. Now I just need a sound system.

Budget is flexible. I was trying to spend 2-3k, but would go to 5k if needed, but that seems like overkill. The setup doesn't have to be perfect as listeners are my employees and not someone who paid for a concert ticket, if you know what I mean. Plus it will only be used a few times a year. But I would like it to be loud, clear and have some decent bass.

I would be so happy if someone can give me any referrals on amps/speakers. Thanks.

• Members

agedhorse wrote:

Or not. What the hell are you trying to do, and what is your budget? Everything else is pretty much meaningless.

Sounds like a "More money than " senario wink.gif. But hey, if he wants to buy a QW system to only cover 200 at least he probably won't blow it up smile.gif. And hey, he's a drummer so us bass players are probably a bit more understanding than some of yous other guys biggrin.gif. Heck, I even played percussion on a gig Monday so I is an honorary goat skin pounder freak.gif smile.gif.

And to the OP - you'd be way better off returning all that stuff and getting powered speakers that have built-in processing and protection. It will sound better, be easier to set up, and cheaper. If you can wait until it ships the new JBL PRX700 series would be my first choice. Otherwise RCF, QSC or EV tops. Hit us back if you'd like specific recommendations smile.gif. RCF has some awesome coaxial monitors out now too if you have the bux - Jeff here has a couple (feed-thru powercons love.gif).

Archived