Video Displays Woriking and Video footage from last Saturday's show

• Members

Terrific camera right??? It's a little bit of coin (I've seen them as low as $899) but they really manage low light and in camera audio better than any camera I've found under $1000. I actually returned mine and for the same price picked up two G10's refurbished by Canon. So I have at least two camera's at every show recording for either reference or promos.

I picked it up from Best Buy for $898. Went back on Friday to get another one, but the price was back up to 999. Great camera, but still learning how to set up for a tripod and getting a consistent focus.

The singers had a really bad night last week - not sure if I can salvage any of the footage <sigh>...

We are doing a weekly show so I have a shot every 7 days. I am recording every night with 2 or 3 cameras and full 24 track pre-eq audio. It has been enlightening.

• Members
Which instrument do you play Grant?

Keyboards... some guitar. We have two keyboard players in the band. The other guy lays down the meat of the track while I'm doing more layering, some sfx (washes, percussion, sub drops) sample playback and lead lines. It's nice because he can handle organ in Shout for instance and I can tackle the horn stabs, piano without either of us dropping out. Gives a nice full, live sound.

Archived