Sign in to follow this  
Dendy Jarrett

The New Site: Questions and Answers

Hi, Folks: When you arrive here (and thanks for putting up with some hiccups), please note the following:

1) If you have questions, please first check out the FAQ section. There are some things called out and some ETA fix time lines posted.

2) If you have constructive feedback or find a bug not mentioned, please hit the "feedback" button in the upper right corner.

Thanks and enjoy!

D

When I try to login with my other ID, my password won't work.....I've tried to reset my password and each time I try the passwords you email me and they won't work.....I've tried repeatedly.....what's strange is it tells me I need to select a billing option each time it happens....

Edited by RockPianoman

I can see we have lost posts between:

Jan 2013 and March 2013

March 2013 and Jan 2014

Jan 2014 to and March 2014

BTW anyone trying to get a new password. Just act as if you lost your password (that is what they mean by reset), follow the directions and use the same email address you have set your profile up on (the original email address unless you changed it on user profile later effectively telling HC of the new email address). The "Capcha" thing showed two seperate words, trick is not to put a space between them IE type what those words are as one long word..

Hope this helps ;-)

• Like 1

When posting, the "working" message comes up and stays up while the system tries to post, after approx 40 seconds (sometimes less) the "Error loading post" conversation box comes up and needs to be OK'd. However if I refresh the main forum home page or the thread page the post has been successful. So the error message is misleading as some may read it as the post failed completely

Edited by Bernard

When I view a topic, it doesn't take me to my last unread message, it always starts at the beginning.

I have heard lots of complaints from former members who cannot log in with their new passwords. Some complain it asks for credit card info if they create a new user name in desperation.

When I view a topic' date=' it doesn't take me to my last unread message, it always starts at the beginning.[/quote']

End key takes you there. Scroll back a couple turns. Phone? Dunno. They're working on the login hassles.

I can't set my posts per page to anything other than the default. I choose an option (e.g., 40, which is the max) and hit SAVE, and I see it's still set to "forum default", and that's how it behaves, too. Seriously: 10 posts per page?

I think that's locked in for now until VBulletin is able to absorb the database completely.

End key takes you there. Scroll back a couple turns. Phone? Dunno. They're working on the login hassles.

Are you sure? End key takes me to the bottom of the page.

Are you sure? End key takes me to the bottom of the page.

Ok I see what you mean. I just go end, page number, and/or scroll back. The detailed conveniences are deliberately disabled while the database gets sorted.

Guys, the software guys won't see your comments here - please use the "Feedback" link in the upper right corner of the page. Thanks! :)

I can't set my posts per page to anything other than the default. I choose an option (e.g.' date=' 40, which is the max) and hit SAVE, and I see it's still set to "forum default", and that's how it behaves, too. Seriously: 10 posts per page?[/quote']

That's already on the list of things to be changed / fixed.

Guys' date=' the software guys won't see your comments here - please use the "Feedback" link in the upper right corner of the page. Thanks! :)[/quote']

Feedback is so cold and lonely ... sm-sad

When I view a topic' date=' it doesn't take me to my last unread message, it always starts at the beginning.[/quote']

Courtesy of RoadRanger elsewhere:

Click on the blue button to the left of the thread title.

Maybe you want to look at how the html in VB mangles the forum name. It currently reads "Keys, Synths & Sampler".

That's because VB doesn't handle the & very well.

It's very easy to fix. "Keys, Synths and Samplers".

Maybe you want to look at how the html in VB mangles the forum name. It currently reads "Keys' date=' Synths & Sampler"[/b'].

That's because VB doesn't handle the & very well.

It's very easy to fix. "Keys, Synths and Samplers".

It is on the list! Thanks

D

I think you did the site a great disservice by not keeping a page up at the old links instructing people that the site had changed.

I have periodically tried my link to Keys, Synths and Samplers many times in the past year and each time I got a 'site not found' error message. I just figured you folded and shut the door due to decreased membership. shrug.gif So that's why you haven't seen me around.

The links all routed here. However, if you have an HC short cut to a specific forum only, then you probably got that error due to caching. This is the inherent danger of book-marking a specific page. Sorry about that ...

D