Who's Back?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can quote again!

It's a freakin' miracle :) . I do miss some of Lithium's features and have yet to see anything here that's "better" but they are working hard at it. Search is supposed to be fully working in a week :) . Main thing I miss is being able to group the forums you're following at the top of the list. I have yet to figure out how to mark a forum as "read" although you can do it for all forums at once from the main forum page. Other forums I'm on let you just view the topics with new posts in them, it's a bit tedious going through them. Fortunately (?) there are hardly any posters here now ;) but that will change I'm sure. :)

• Members
It's a freakin' miracle :) . I do miss some of Lithium's features and have yet to see anything here that's "better" but they are working hard at it. Search is supposed to be fully working in a week :) . Main thing I miss is being able to group the forums you're following at the top of the list. I have yet to figure out how to mark a forum as "read" although you can do it for all forums at once from the main forum page. Other forums I'm on let you just view the topics with new posts in them' date=' it's a bit tedious going through them. Fortunately (?) there are hardly any posters here now ;) but that will change I'm sure. :) [/quote']

To mark a forum read, there's a little picture of a piece of paper and a pencil on the upper right side. Click that.

• Members

Multi-page threads seem totally messed up, even brand new ones. This thread, for example, displays posts #1 through #31 of an apparent total 32 on the first page. When I click on page 2 (or Next), it shows me the same page, but renumbered as #1, then #27 through #56. The very same posts, nothing that wasn't on that first page.

Now I expect old multi-page threads to be weird until vBulletin's done with its first week of spellcasting, but brand new threads too?

• Members

Something I miss already, and have yet to see on any V-bulletin software based forum, is when you clicked on a thread with any unread posts it would jump you right to those posts. If no new post were available, it went to the first post.

• Members
Something I miss already' date=' and have yet to see on any V-bulletin software based forum, is when you clicked on a thread with any unread posts it would jump you right to those posts. If no new post were available, it went to the first post.[/quote']There's a symbol that does that just to the left of the topic (if there are new posts).

• Members

For whatever reason, I've never had any issues with keeping passwords, getting reinstated, keeping my profile, etc with any of the changeovers. I've probably lost some post count, but I always make sure I carry some spare posts with me for just these sorts of incidents....

Archived