movin on up....with more lighting!!!

race81

• Members

Our band is musically where we would like it to be.  I do believe the only thing we need to work on is the "show".  We currently have two "led" lights on two bars. one for each side of the stage and mini galaxian laser light thats a neat effect with smoke.  We are between....two much for some venues...and not enough for others. I might add its just the four of us setting up and tearing down, so anything we add,needs to be quick and easy.  Lighting truss could be something to work on, but is it worth it without using a dmx controller.  Just curious to what you all have added when moving to bigger things.  Any budget minded lighting also welcome.

• Members

race81 wrote:

Our band is musically where we would like it to be.  I do believe the only thing we need to work on is the "show".  We currently have two "led" lights on two bars. one for each side of the stage and mini galaxian laser light thats a neat effect with smoke.  We are between....two much for some venues...and not enough for others. I might add its just the four of us setting up and tearing down, so anything we add,needs to be quick and easy.  Lighting truss could be something to work on, but is it worth it without using a dmx controller.  Just curious to what you all have added when moving to bigger things.  Any budget minded lighting also welcome.

Any lighting helps, but when you have control of your lighting and you can do simple changes in mood and use it to help pump up the dynamics of the music, now you have a SHOW. No matter how simple the control is,it helps.Even simple on/off is great.

Archived