Lovin' the LOCAL Gig!

• Members

The vast majority of the gigs that I play have a long enough commute that once you drive to the venue - you're there for the duration.   There is however, that one bar gig that we play that's less than 2 miles from my front door - and I gotta say - I really love this gig.  

We typically set up in the early afternoon ... which leaves me at least 6 hours between the end of setup and the start of our musical night.  Today was no exception.  We were done with setup in about an hour and a half.  I then spent another hour or so quietly playing my full keyboard rig on the dark stage.   I then came home, grabbed a soak in the hot tub, followed by a nice long two hour nap.   I just finished up a good home cooked meal - and am about to hit the shower. 

I can't begin to describe how much I enjoy walking into my gig - 30 minutes before the downbeat - fed, showered, rested and relaxed.   If only all our gigs worked this way!!!!

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

Most of our gigs are local, which is nice. And being in a small town, the furthest ones are about a half hour from home, out in the wilderness.

For sure there are guys making more money ,, but It does not get any sweeter than having both acts working the same bar the vast majority of the time where all my gear is set up ready to play just by flipping the switch.  House gigs rock.  

• Members

My house sound gigs are pretty close as well. If its on a day off, I like to load in around 1pm, then have some time off between that and soundcheck at. 8 or 9.

If its on a day I work until 5:30, I can be at the venue by 6, and ready to go for soundcheck at 8:30. Man it makes for a long day, since I'd be up at 5:30am for my day job.

Archived