Saw a band that did almost everything wrong

vanlatte

• Members

So a coworker has been asking me to check out his band and I finally went. We left after about 4 songs. I am not the type to go looking fir reasons to not like a band, in fact I am pretty posituve about it, but wow, this is what I saw:

Tiny place, basically a local watering hole half filled with aging Jimmy Buffet fans. This bands genre is heavy 90s rock.

Loud as ...holy carp, just ear bleeding loud. Patrons were evacuating from near the band on the first note.

Some guy mentioned the volume after said song and the bass player fired some smartass comment back about leaving if its to loud for ya. Wow...the guy did leave.

Lots of dead time between songs interspersed with tuning at full volume.

No stage presence.

I dont know if these guys are just inexperienced or lazy, but the music was just not good. It wasnt until the guy sang the first lyric to Plush that I recognized it.

All on all I felt sort of bad for my coworker, hes a good drummer but the other two guys are not gig ready.

• Members

I am curious.  What percentage of the patrons were women?  Did anyone dance?  If very few women and no dancing, the band will never be widely successful unless they turn down and change their repertoire.  In our 80's band, if few people dance to a new cover song, we ditch it quickly and probably won't ever play it again.

Archived